This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
To be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Incumbent is expected to handle different functions from strategic planning to looking into the details of the project such that all aspects of client needs are fully understood and managed.
* Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Responsible for all communication activities with customer from internal kickoff through project sign off and sometimes beyond.
* Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
* Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
* Manages changes such that any change from originally signed documents is fully documented, understood and signed off by the customer.
* Manages issues and is fully updated on where all outstanding issues stand.
* Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Manages the sign-off process and insures client's expectations are set throughout the project.
* Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
* Ensures all project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Understands resource commitments on other projects and plans appropriately.
* Responsible for motivating team members.
* Manages day-to-day client interaction.
* Sets and manages client expectations.
* Holds regular (weekly) status meetings with project team both internal and external
* Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
* Analyzes project profitability
* 5+ years experience in a project, portfolio or program management.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Has a thorough understanding of all versions of the product and the capabilities at an appropriate level in order to have ability to conduct customer training.
* Has a thorough understanding of internal tools and how to use them.
* Able to do basic troubleshooting of the application and uses the lab/test environment to do so.
* Maintains awareness of new and emerging features and functions and the potential application on client engagements.
* Has a basic understanding of telephony, GIS, and trunking
* Maintains knowledge on 911 industry
* Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
* Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
* Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions to issues and risks.
* In case of a hurdle or issue, the project manager should be able to take lead and help resolve the issue, in the shortest time possible. If the problem is between the team members and the clients, he/she should be able to come to amicable resolution, such that the relationships are maintained and work is not affected.
* Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
5 - 10
Basic Qualifications: *5+ years experience in a Project Portfolio or Program Management