Project Manager 9/5/2016
Henkels & McCoy
Blue Bell, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONHenkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M brings yesterday's experience to the evolving infrastructure needs of today.
We consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record's Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for our safety performance. H&M is also a founding member of the ET ability to travel and spend significant field time in the tri-state area required.
A Project Manager at H&M provides project leadership for mid-to-large utility construction projects throughout the East Region. This position is accountable for all aspects of a project's success from initial bidding process, review of engineering plans and exceeding the clients' expectations through safe and profitable completion of the job. Additionally, the PM collaborates with other functional project teams in the planning and execution of the job. This includes:
* Contract interpretation/dispute resolution.
* Assessing and recommending project resource requirements.
* Managing projects
* Project coordination.
* Interfacing with client representatives regarding the project's progress.
* Management of project controls and accounting.
* Ensure field construction activities comply with company and contractrequirements and support overall construction schedule.
* Provide technical support for construction, including participation in construction planning.
* Plan, conduct, and monitor work in accordance with H&M's project management methodology.
MAJOR JOB ELEMENTS:
* Manages overall project performance (safety, quality, scope, schedule, innovation, cost, communication, resource issues, risks and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of the PMO and assigned project management teams.
* Serves as single point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance.
* Reports project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors and other stakeholders.
* Ensures strict adherence to all H&M Safety Policies, Procedures and Practices.
* At any given time could be involved in combinations of:
* Managing a major project up to $20 to $50 million or small mulitple projects with durations from several months to several years.
* Mentoring others in H&M's PMM (based on PMI's PMBOK(R)) .Assisting in the development and continuous improvement of H&M's.
* Assist in marketing and business development activities as required.
* Acts as sponsor to ensure projects are meeting expectations (safety, cost, schedule etc.)
* Advanced knowledge and experience in construction industry Project Management, preferably with self-perform contractors.
* Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
* Experience / knowledge of construction operations, power transmission & distribution design, financial acumen and team-based management required.
* 5+ years of relevant utility construction industry PM experience required.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management with emphasis on power projects required.
* Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is required.
* Proficient understanding of Project Controls, Earned Value Management and Risk Management desirable.
* BSdegree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to attain within 2years of employment preferred.
The position of Project Manager at H&M requires the ability to work in an office setting, as well as on active construction sites. This position includes, but is not limited to, significant time standing or walking on uneven ground, possible climbing of ladders or being in high places, working in tight spaces and, in general, is physically demanding.
CANDIDATES SHOULD ONLY APPLY IF THEY ARE CAPABLE OF WORKING IN THESE CONDITIONS.
HENKELS & MCCOY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER OF MINORITIES, FEMALES, PROTECTED VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITIES.