TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
Our client is seeking a Technical Project Manager to oversee a multi person engagement team responsible for delivering enhancements to our current State Longitudinal Data System. We are looking for a hands on Technical PM who has a strong background in Data Warehousing and ETL Development.
* Experience leading a development team to deliver software applications
* Experience with data modeling
* Experience with ETL development
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
* 5+ years experience managing Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) environments, including experience with database design, data modeler, administration and optimization;
* experience in developing data conversions, interfaces, complex reports/extracts, and workflow;
* desire to play a significant hands-on role in the development and implementation of an educational data warehouse solution;
* experience with data warehouse tools, particularly IBM/Cognos,
* Proven comprehension of analytic technology and ability to speak and understand in technical terms
* Experience working in Scrum or Agile environments
* Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
* Ability to apply project management knowledge to real world scenarios.
* Experience delivering large complex data solutions
* Strong written and oral communication skills Minimum of seven years of Project Manager experience leading technology software development projects in large, complex development environments with multiple types of development platforms Awareness of PMI, CMM and Six Sigma Methodologies and Standards
* Ability to develop strong client relationships
* 3+ years experience in system/software solution development and delivery
* Experience working in State or Federal Government and working knowledge of contracting, funding, etc.
* Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
* Experience in application development, systems administration/engineering or other technical discipline