Project Manager 8/19/2016
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
On-site Packaging Project & Systems Manager for client in Broomfield, CO will coordinate projects between client, Southern Graphic Systems (SGS), designers & printers to ensure client expectations are met and manage an SGS Work Flow Management Data Base.
The role of Packaging Project & Systems Manager supports the client s design team in liaising and oversight of Brand team projects, orchestrating timing and critical information between Creative Design, Copy and Proofing teams, Production Art, and the internal and external partners in R&D, Plant Operations, Procurement, Pre-press and Packaging printers.
In this particular role, candidate will oversee, train team and manage ongoing workflow systems through pre-media partner Southern Graphic Systems (SGS). This role assists the client to improve tracking of their packaging workflow, especially as it moves from Design to Production, through Legal review, and final Production Art, in route to Pre-press.
Candidate should be familiar with a wide range of packaging print environments, which include printed overwraps and board in flexo and litho, cups in wet and dry offset, and rotogravure and digital printing for shrink sleeves.
Position may involve travel to SGS facilities, as well as to various printers for press-views.
* Knowledge regarding packaging development from research to print.
* Significant experience with training and managing project workflows or similar systems.
* Authentic drive to create partnership with Directors of Content, Art Production and Design, to deliver strategic value and speed in all stages of workflows.
* Learn and train others in SGS s Project Workflow Tool, providing support to Creative and Brand team, as well as cross-functional members of Marketing, Project Management Office, Procurement, etc.
* Successful at supporting team creative development against difficult timelines and complex approvals process.
* Persuasion and influencing both Creative realization objectives, stewardship, and creating an environment for Marketing and cross-functional engagement.
* Driving of team direction and business goals/KPIs through team and vendor engagement.
* Co-lead process improvement in project and time tracking within Creative, across all points of team and client interaction and management tracking and reporting.
Other duties include but not limited to:
*Gather all necessary job specifications, manage tracking of projects & deliverables, establish project timelines, open & review electronic files, review proofs for accuracy.
*Participate in client design & pre-production meetings, maintain daily communication between client, salesperson & project managers at SGS facilities.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
* 5+ years of experience with experience in packaging/design development.
* 2+ years of experience in Creative team co-management; working with or within a Design team
* Collaborative leadership skills in packaging research planning and development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* High level of competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project Management software; Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Illustrator, Digital Asset Management systems support will be part of this role.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective skills at managing up and influencing without authority with outside partners and internal leaders.
* Strong drive for shared leadership.
* Models maturity, and demonstrates excellence in employee management and guidance, direction and objectives, supporting and clearing obstacles for the Design Services Managers, as well as the broader Creative team.
EOE AA m/f/vet/disability
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.