Project Manager C&I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWould you like the chance to work within a dynamic team environment, and for a company that has a reputation for a great culture? Does the idea of working on a variety of projects sound enticing? If so, an exciting opportunity as a Project Manager in Seattle, WA awaits you!
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., named a Top Workplace for 4 consecutive years by The Denver Post is currently seeking a Project Manager for its Seattle, WA location. Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western United States. Why work for Sturgeon Electric? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Project Managers receive excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance and a 401K. If you were to ask our Project Managers across the country why they like working for Sturgeon Electric, chances are they would say, Because of the people. We help each other out. There's a we're all in this together mentality that prevails.
What are you waiting for? Build yourself with us!
Project Manager Duties:
* Effective Leadership
* Preparation of project construction schedules
* Submission of Request for Information to clients
* Manage day to day activities of assigned projects
* Act as the main point of contact for project personnel
* Coordinating meetings, scheduling updates, submitting deliverables and addressing outstanding 'open items' as requested by clients
* Preparation of look-ahead documents and weekly, monthly progress reports and billing information
* Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets
* Reporting to management team
* Change Request/order pricing
* Other duties as assigned
Project Manager Skills/Qualifications:
* Candidate must have electrical construction experience (licensed electrician preferred).
* Must have knowledge and understanding of construction drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
* 5 years or more of experience in the electrical industry and/or possessing project management experience within commercial and industrial electrical construction projects is preferred
* Experience with Accubid software is preferred
* Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is desirable
* Valid driver's license and ability to travel as required throughout WA and surrounding areas
* Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills
* Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish
* Knowledge of Lean construction methodologies and principles is critical
* Must be very well organized and methodical
* Demonstrate professionalism in how you look, what you do, and what you say.
* Demonstrate personal accountability
* Must be self-driven and have the ability to stay on-task for extended periods of time
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Project is required
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.