This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Sidley Austin LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This individual will manage and coordinate large scale projects related to the Firm s legal technology solutions by providing consultative support and applying project management strategies to manage cases efficiently and effectively. This position requires an in depth understanding of the litigation life cycle, litigation technology, and electronic discovery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work directly with clients and case team members to define business requirements, evaluate technology solutions, develop project plans, and manage projects with limited supervision to meet case or project objectives.
* Perform advanced consultation, provide advice and recommendations, and manage workflow design as it relates to legal technology solutions.
* Consult directly with clients and case teams on e-discovery issues, including, but not limited to, preservation, data collection, data culling, staffing needs, technology options, best practices, and application support and training.
* If you use Relativity in your role, you are required to achieve a passing score on an internally administered test within the first three months of employment.
* Use discretion and independent judgment to design and implement workflows inside the legal technology applications to meet the needs of case teams and clients.
* Manage, supervise and assign project tasks to members of the department including, Litigation and Practice Support Analysts and Technicians.
* Review work completed by members of the department, and where applicable provide feedback and recommendations to higher department management.
* Create and manage project budgets for case teams and/or clients.
* Manage and coordinate the delivery of service using both internal and external resources, including negotiating with outside vendors as appropriate.
* Develop and provide training to staff, case teams, and clients on legal technology solutions.
* Assist with evaluating and providing recommendations on department structure, resource allocation, and future legal technology solutions.
* Assists in the development of department best practices and documentation of business processes.
* Exhibit overall business awareness as it relates to the goals and objectives of the department.
* Keep abreast of current technologies, strategies and solutions relating to e-discovery and legal technology.
* Performs other tasks as directed by partners, senior counsel, associates, of counsel, or Senior Firm Management.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 2 years of experience planning and managing legal technology projects
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience and understanding of legal technology solutions such as Relativity, Nuix, LAW, PreDiscovery and Concordance
* If you are to use Relativity in your role, you will need to successfully pass an internally administered test within the first three months of employment.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel
* Strong documentation skills
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Knowledge of the current vendor market
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer