This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Leading General Contractor is looking to add a Project Manager to their team in Chicago. This company provides outstanding packages and bonuses including supporting their Project Manager to obtain their P.E. license. They provide an awesome, fun working environment, setting themselves apart from the standard GC. Great opportunity for career advancement and the opportunity to work on exciting projects.
This company is one of the most innovative in the country due to them investing in the latest technology and continuing education for their employees. They work across multiple markets including multifamily, education, heathcare, retail and hospitality. Just moved into brand new state of the art offices in the city with the rooftop deck.
* Responsible for the management and administration of construction projects.
* Take part in estimating, scheduling, quality control, reporting progress, reviewing and coordinating design and safety coordination.
* Work with the owner, architects and engineers to facilitate design and construction processes. Work closely with these parties to develop concept drawings.
* Confirm accurate and complete estimates for the project.
* Attend proposal meeting with the owner to review and discuss the scope of work, ways of reducing costs and provide ideas for value engineering.
* Manage the buyout of the project and assist in selecting subcontractors.
* Conduct job-site meetings on the job site twice a week while conducting progress meetings with the owner and the rest of the construction team.
* Work closely with the superintendent to coordinate and ensure the schedule, safety and quality control.
* Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the project and remain cost conscious at all times.
* BS in Engineering or Construction Management with high GPA
* 3-10 years of experience with a general contractor
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
* High bonus potential based on project and personal preformance
* 401k and profit sharing
* Medical, Dental and Vision coverage