This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Work with Account Executive to understand full scope of project and expectations. Receive and manage artwork and execute / facilitate projects through the production process as well as related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may apply.
Order Entry / Artwork Receipt
* Open FileMaker job #, enter order details per Handoff document
* Receive artwork links for all projects; download to job folder on server
* Update project tracker to reflect artwork that has been received
* Work with Account Executive to share updates on projects, review and capture changes in project scope, understand priorities, etc.
* Work with Production Artist to preflight files: work directly with client and/or agency to receive missing elements if needed
* Review files to determine if production art is required to adapt artwork for either process or design intent; review for potential production issues and/or concerns
* Communicate design intent and art direct production artist in any changes required to supplied files
* Create production order with job details for each POA
* Send RFQs to vendors, discuss project needs/design intent to ensure pricing reflects project needs
* Compile estimates, apply markups, submit to AE for approval
* Create vendor purchase orders for outside work
* Attend kickoff meetings either in person or by conference call
* Work with client and/or agency to determine schedule for artwork release date expectations and update when necessary
* Arrange meetings with clients, design managers, agencies and AE to discuss design intent, special effects, structures, etc. when necessary
* Coordinate sending/reviewing proofs with client and AE
Internal/External Supplier Interface:
* Communicate production needs and timing expectation to supplier; arrange pre-production meetings when necessary
* Receive supplier proofs (PDF & color/press proofs); review for accuracy before submitting for client approval
* Organize and save approved PDFs to job folder on server and communicate approvals with vendor as well as assembly/fulfillment team
* Attend press approvals when necessary to ensure accuracy and expectations are met; be available for any production issues/questions that arise
* Review Job Cost Detail report and ensure all costs are accounted for and in line with expectations per project estimate
* Ensure all documentation is present and organized before submitting jobs for billing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Excellent communication skills.
* High level of initiative.
* High level of organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
* Must be able to handle multiple projects with little direction and supervision
* Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
* Intermediate level of understanding in design & branding principles.
* Intermediate level technical skills
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s Degree in Graphic Design or Print Technology
5+ years of experience in related field
This job description is a general overview of the PROJECT MANAGER position and level of assignments given in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of duties; additional related duties may be assigned.
EOE AA m/f/vet/disability
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.