This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Responsible for leading projects from concept through implementation. Responsible for balancing stakeholder requirements and strategic objectives within quality, time, and budget constraints and for managing associated risks. Responsible for gathering and documenting project schedule, project benefits (cost savings and process improvements) and strategic importance of projects. Activities include but are not limited to developing project schedule, project communication, securing funding, allocating resources (internal & external). Coordinate subject area and technical specialist to implement stakeholder requirements. Act as the single point of contact. Regularly report project status to program managers, senior management and/or the sponsor and stakeholders. May manage relationships with external contractors, developers.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
* Experience with Contract Management systems, processes, and procedures
* Experience with Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS)
* Experience with Quality Management and SOX business processes
* Experience with Accounting/Financial practices and regulatory efforts to support business processes
* Proven experience leading system implementations. Ability to manage large project teams, remote resources, and program financials.
* Ability to lead the overall planning and implementation of a project using established project management methodologies
* Ability to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
* Ability to define project tasks and resource requirements, develop full scale project plans, and manage project resource allocation
* Ability to manage project budgeting and forecasting
* Ability to monitor and report on progress of the project to all levels of management utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate and enact change across varied business organizations
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a team of resources towards stated project goals
* Effective organizational and leadership skills, ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously
* PMP, CPA certification
Bachelor's degree/equivalent, business, technical or analytical disciplines. Planning and budgeting experience. Good analytical, organizational and Communication skills. Customer focused orientation.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..