Project Manager, Companion Diagnostics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies Diagnostics and Genomics Group (DGG) is seeking an experienced project manager, with PHARMACEUTICAL / DIAGNOSTICS background, to lead project teams focused on the development of companion in vitro diagnostics products (pharmDx) in an exciting, challenging and collaborative environment.
This is a unique opportunity to take your project management expertise to a new level managing Agilent's companion diagnostic project teams. You will be a key player for a company that is leading the way in companion diagnostic product development. Your role in this position will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners and internally facing to the Agilent core project team. In this position, you will have cross-functional responsibility for planning, directing and executing designated new PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT projects between DGG and its pharma partners and will help ensure that Agilent excels in companion diagnostic product development.
The successful person for this job will work closely with global cross-functional project teams, line management and external partners to ensure that the project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
The CDx project manager will report to the Director of CDx Project Management.
* Leading global, cross-functional project teams, and serving as a direct contact between pharma project managers and DGG project stakeholders
* Leading, driving and delivering expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
* Creating and managing resource forecast plans, and working directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements
* Tracking estimated project revenues, costs, expenses and profits against defined metrics; proactively communicating deviations to relevant stakeholders
* Analyzing, planning and tracking project phases and activities, and communicating the timelines/milestones/goals on a regular basis to DGG management, the project team and other stakeholders
* Effectively identifying and communicating risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Re-evaluating goals throughout the project, together with the project's stakeholders, and making necessary adjustments to project plans and budgets
* Participating in preparation and alignment of decision process in joint project governance bodies
* Establishing and maintaining project lifecycle documentation
* Mentoring of project team members in Agilent business and quality practices
* Accountability and urgency for the delivery/completion of projects on time and cost
* Ability to work collaboratively with external customers to insure that company and partner interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
* Ability to establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
* Proven leadership and desire to succeed with a minimum level of guidance
* Ability to manage global, multi-site teams including direct and indirect project resources
* Successfully multi-task amongst several competing initiatives
* Excellent presentation skills
* Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
* Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
* Experience with constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
* Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options
* Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
* B.S. or B.A. in Science or Project Management experience with an understanding of the biological sciences; PMP certification a plus
* Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience managing complex product development projects in the PHARMACEUTICAL or DIAGNOSTIC industry
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
* Some engagement in technical activities to ensure sound and effective solutions to design and development challenges
* Maintain team focus on quality while adhering to project timelines and goals
* Experience with managing project scope while ensuring successful execution of project details
* Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions (research, development, manufacturing, quality control, marketing) and locations
* Established expertise and hands-on experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and remote meeting tools such as WebEx, Live Meeting, etc.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
* Strong business acumen, negotiation and delegation skills, and ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
* Ability to travel, up to 25 travel days a year, both domestic and international
Geo Location: Carpinteria, CA
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.