Project Manager, Companion Diagnostics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies Diagnostics and Genomics Group (DGG) is seeking an experienced project manager, with pharmaceutical / diagnostics background, to lead project core teams focused on the development of companion in vitro diagnostics products (pharmDx) in an exciting, challenging and collaborative environment.
You will have the opportunity to take your project management expertise to a new level managing Agilent s companion diagnostic project teams. You will be a key player for a company that is leading the way in companion diagnostic product development. Your role in this position will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners, and responsible for planning, directing and executing designated projects between DGG and its pharma partners.
The successful person for this job will work closely with global cross-functional project teams, line management and external partners to ensure that objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and within budget.
* Leading global cross-functional Companion Diagnostics project teams, and serving as a direct contact between pharma project managers and key DGG stakeholders
* Leading, driving and delivering expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
* Creating and managing resource forecast plans, and working directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements
* Tracking projected project revenues, costs, expenses and profits against defined metrics; proactively communicating deviations to relevant stakeholders
* Analyzing, planning and tracking project phases and activities, and communicating the timelines/milestones/goals on a regular basis to DGG management, the project team and other stakeholders
* Effectively identifying and communicating risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Re-evaluating goals throughout the project, together with the project s stakeholders, and making necessary adjustments to project plans and budgets
* Participating in preparation and alignment of decision process in joint project governance bodies
* Establishing and maintaining project lifecycle documentation
* Mentoring of project team members in Agilent business and quality practices
* Ability to work collaboratively with external customers to insure that company and partner interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
* Ability to manage global, multi-site teams including direct and indirect project resources
* Ability to establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
* Proven leadership and desire to succeed with a minimum level of guidance, while successfully multi-tasking amongst several competing initiatives
* Excellent presentation skills
* Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
* Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
* Experienced in constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
* Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options
* Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
* Ability to adapt to new technologies and scientific disciplines while ensuring consistent application of lifecycle management processes across domains
* 8+ years of industry experience AND 5+ years of project management experience
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
* Experience defining and maintaining strategic direction while ensuring successful execution of project details
* Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions (research, development, manufacturing, quality control, marketing) and locations
* Established expertise and hands-on experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint and remote meeting tools such as WebEx, Live Meeting, etc.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
* Strong business acumen, negotiation and delegation skills, and ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
* Ability to travel, up to 30 travel days a year, both domestic and international.
* B.S. or B.A. in Science, Engineering, or Project Management with an understanding of the biological sciences; PMP certification a plus
GEO Location: Carpinteria, California
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.