Project Manager - Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Project Manager - Construction
Auto Req ID
BUILD A REWARDING CAREER AT JLL
A career at JLL puts you in the center of one of the largest, most sophisticated and industry-leading commercial real estate and investment management firms in the world. We are recognized globally for creating real value for clients and employees.
We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on core values like trust, integrity, respect and excellence.
When you join our team, you become part of a vibrant environment that s committed to equipping you with the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career.
Currently, we are seeking a Project Manager to join our Industrial Project & Development Services team in Atlanta, GA. We offer a best-in-class outsourcing solution when our clients desire a professional services Owner s representative project management team. We provide quality design, construction and relocation management services for virtually every type of property.
* Directs project management services over assigned JLL client projects/regions/practices.
* Provide superior client service.
* Contribute to the growth of the company.
* Enhance own professional and personal skills.
* Meet assigned financial targets.
* Directing all project management activities according to assigned local, region, assignment.
* Manage project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
* Manage ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting and construction management. Specific project management tasks include site improvements, consultant selection, design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
* Build and carry out marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
* Oversee capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources.
* Develop project budget including hard costs and soft costs and firm knowledge of construction cost/benefit analysis.
* Develop project schedule including all key project milestones.
* Assemble and manage required teams of consultants and contractors (i.e., negotiate contracts with each team member, interface with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors).
* Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
* Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
* Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
* Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Senior Project Manager, or Project Director.
* Assist Market Leader and Regional Management in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
* Assist in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Project & Development Services technology as required for assigned projects.
* Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance and the Regional Operations Manager.
* Assist Local Project & Development Services Team in meeting profit numbers on a Market, Regional, and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Team.
* Comply with all JLL policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Construction Management strongly preferred. Also considered will be architecture and engineering.
* Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in managing design and construction of ground-up commercial & institutional development projects
* Minimum resume of 1 million SF of industrial or data center projects is preferred.
DESIRED PROJECT EXPERIENCE TYPE (in priority order)
* Mixed use
* Higher education
* Life sciences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Professional manner
* Computer literacy.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES
* Beneficial licenses or accreditations (e.g., AIA, PE, PMP, Leed AP)
* Position will work at the Buckhead office location, but be required to travel to client sites on a sporadic basis.
* Face to face and remote daily interpersonal interaction is required in order to perform the job.
* Flexibility with work hours.
* Travel as needed and may range from 0-4 nights per week.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43858BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group,