Project Manager - Construction - North Portfolio
American Transmission Company - Kingsford, MI
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
- Refer a friend to this jobMore information about this job:
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple individual overhead and underground transmission line and substation projects. Project Managers will lead and oversee functional teams of ATC personnel, consultants/contractors and supplemental workers to effectively and efficiently develop and deliver transmission assets related to multiple individual projects.Essential Responsibilities:
- Assembles project teams consisting of consultants/contractors, supplemental workers and ATC personnel from other functional areas to plan/develop and/or implement transmission system capital improvement projects. Provides the leadership to coordinate the efforts of the team and to make decisions to successfully complete projects on time, within scope and authorized budgets.
- Ensures project development activity is customer focused, results orientated, performance driven and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements.
- Ensures that project implementation activities are carried out safely, utilizing environmentally sound methods/practices, and complying with all applicable internal and external safety and environmental rules/requirements.
- Prepares detailed project schedules, including identification of major milestones, for overseeing, controlling, communicating and managing all activities required to complete transmission system capital improvement projects.
- Partners with other ATC departments to create, oversee and maintain accurate project cost estimates by adhering the corporate cost estimation procedures. Monitors and controls project costs through preparation of monthly cash flows, verification of actual or committed costs to estimated costs and identification of cost variances which require further action to assure project costs do not exceed authorized amounts.
- Oversees and monitors the activities of consultants/contractors and supplemental workers associated with the engineering/design and installation/construction of transmission system assets. Works in partnership with the ATC Supply Chain Department to obtain contracted services, and will be involved in the development of Request For Proposal's. This role will conduct regular status meetings, review progress reports and schedules, work toward resolution of issues and approve consultant/contractor and supplemental worker invoices.
- Demonstrate compliance with ATC 's Code of Conduct, all company policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations that govern ATC.
- Demonstrate compliance with ATC's Code of Conduct, all company policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations that govern ATC.
- May be called upon to serve before, during, and after a Transmission Emergency Response Plan (TERP) event; such event may require performing functions that are outside the scope of your regular job.
- Demonstrate compliance with ATC's Code of Conduct, all company policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations that govern ATCMinimum Requirements:
-Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline.
-Project Management Certification is preferred.
-Six years of progressively responsible experience in construction or project management experience of large infrastructure projects; or six years of progressively responsibly experience in transmission system engineering/design will also be given strong consideration. Three years of progressively responsible experience in transmission system construction or project management is preferred
-Demonstrated leadership experience in a technical group. Effective communications, interpersonal and organizational skills along with the ability to lead and motivate effective teams are keys to success in this role.
-Proven ability to effectively oversee third party engineering and construction vendor and supplemental worker project activities.
- Office/field workers whose positions include light to considerable physical activity.
- Work is fairly active and may require lifting of objects up to 40 pounds.
- Work may involve considerable bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, reaching, walking, standing and working at heights and/or on irregular surfaces.
* Equal Opportunity Employer:
AMERICAN TRANSMISSION COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FUNCTIONING UNDER AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN AND INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY TO APPLY