Project Manager Consultant 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: Project Manager Consultant
LOCATION: Columbia, SC, 29210
DURATION:12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
* Candidate should possess a proven knowledge of project management with strong emphasis in information technology.
* Candidate will be responsible for managing, documenting and overseeing various it projects related to the provisioning of enterprise it technology services state-wide.
* The ability to work independently and to work outside of the normal work hours as needed is required.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Developing project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
* Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
* Creating, managing, and editing project documents and documentation
* Assisting with management of risk, scope, and quality of the project
* Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
* Organizing and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
* Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities to include managing project team members to meet project schedules
* Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
* Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications
* Monitoring and reporting project progress/status (transparency and accountability)
* Ensuring the integration and transfer of functional and system implementation and operations knowledge from the project team to operational service owners
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or 5+ years PM work experience.
* NONE REQUIRED. PMP PREFERRED OR CAPM
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Proven work experience in technical project management
* Strong working knowledge of ms project
* Ability to develop project plans, goals and identify resources
* Quickly grasp complex technical concepts, analyze information, attention to detail, and organizational skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Simultaneously manage multiple it projects
* Strong schedule management and resource planning skills
* Ability to work at a high-volume and fast pace
* Ability to manage development of requests for proposal
Ability to analyze and document, business and system processes using various methods and tools.
Ability to develop, communicate and present project documentation and reports
Knowledge of Information Technology field, Best Practices, Organization and Operations
Experience with Project Management of large enterprise level projects with proven implementation success
Project Management experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification