This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROJECT MANAGER - CONTRACT TO HIRE - DALLAS, TX
Optomi, in partnership with leading financial services firm, is seeking a Project Manager for their Dallas, TX location.
Successful candidates will ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor medium sized scope and budget projects. The Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects typically impact a single business unit or functional area. The Project Manager is expected to work under moderate supervision.
WHAT THE RIGHT PERSON WILL ENJOY:
* Supportive management
* Competitive pay - 401(k)
* Paid Time Off
* Commuter Benefits
APPLY TODAY IF YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
* Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years of previous project management and/or relevant consulting experience
* Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycle
* TECHNICALLY SAVVY AND ABLE TO UNDERSTAND DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTS THAT INCLUDE .NET, SQL,
* STORED PROCEDURES, AND SFTP FOR FILE MOVEMENT. THEY WILL BE INTERFACING DIRECTLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT STAFF AND NEED TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND TRANSLATE THE EFFORT INTO A WBS.
* ABILITY TO INTERFACE DIRECTLY WITH CUSTOMERS ON COMPLEX IMPLEMENTATIONS
* STAKEHOLDER PARTNERSHIP:
* Ability to establish and maintain relationships with project team members
* Ability to influence project team, internal, and/or external stakeholders
* Ability to understand project stakeholder needs, interests, and influence for project
* Ability to practically apply project management concepts to facilitate the achievement
* Ability to analyze the situation and leverage team to define an executable plan
* TEAM LEADERSHIP:
* Ability to ensure team alignment on project goals, objectives and business outcomes
* Ability to lead with support from project sponsor, when needed
* ACCOUNTABILITY & COMMITMENT:
* Ability to meet project deadlines
* Ability to identify project obstacles, proactively mitigate risks and escalate
* LEARNING AGILITY:
* Ability to quickly grasps new concepts and translate to others
* Ability to respond effectively to new information, situations and individuals
* BUSINESS ACUMEN:
* Ability to gather and analyze information needed to improve satisfaction levels
* Ability to understand how project connects to broader company goals
* PROBLEM SOLVING:
* Ability to effectively identify and communicate project problems to stakeholders
* Ability to proactively develop solutions to project challenges
* Ability to drive project problems to closure
* PROCESS ADHERENCE:
* Ability to engage in project initiating activities such as identifying stakeholders, identifying project management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
* Ability to practically apply project methodologies and practices to execute project, manage changes, and facilitate achievement of project deliverables on-time, within budget and with quality
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
* Familiarity with Project Management tools