Project Manager - Data and Construction 8/31/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Managing and leading the project team.
* Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
* Managing coordination of partners and working groups engaged in specific project work.
* Detailed project planning and control including take-offs, estimating, bid proposals, budgeting, billing, and cost controls.
* Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
* Managing project deliverables with the project plan.
* Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
* Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
* Managing project scope and change control.
* Monitoring project progress and performance.
* Managing project training within the defined budget.
* Updates job progress to senior management.
* Develop and enhance customer relations.
* Knowledge of BICSI standards and building codes
* Knowledge of Data products and manufacturers.
* Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
* Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
* Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
* Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
* Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
* Mentors other project managers.
* Oral Communication Skills
* Written Communication Skills
* Database Expertise - MS Word and Excel
* Excellent Customer Service
* Good Organizational Skills
* Requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in related field
* Management experience required
* Professional degree required
* RCCD Certification preferred
Job Type: Full-time
* San Jose, CA
* BICSI standards and building codes: 10 years
* Project Management: 10 years
* Low Voltage: 10 years
* Cabling Infrastructure: 10 years
* Construction Labor Management: 10 years
Required license or certification:
* RCCD Certification