Project Manager (Electronics, Automotive)
THE FAHRENHEIT GROUP is partnering with our client, EVATRAN, to search for a PROJECT MANAGER in their RICHMOND, VA HQ.
Evatran, maker of Plugless - the wireless Electric Vehicle charging system - seeks an experienced, self--motivated team member to lead its Project Management function. Evatran is engineering a future where EVs don't plug in. You'll help build something that will be a household name in 5 years. Think category defining like Kleenex or Xerox back in the day.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning and executing complex cross--functional programs. The role's primary focus will be coordinating its automotive OEM development programs both internally and externally with an eye on ensuring happy OEM stakeholders. After three years showing the product's performance and reliability in the aftermarket, Evatran is poised for a breakthrough in transitioning to a series production product. With Evatran's first OEM commitment secured in mid--2016, this role will focus on achieving success on this critical project. This role will work with the Director of OEM Relationships to ensure the Company is meeting required success criteria and that the Company's OEM projects are successful. This individual will work with members of the sales, marketing, customer care, engineering, production and finance teams to ensure understanding and alignment on key project deliverables and responsibilities.
Top three candidate competencies
1. Detail--oriented skillset
2. Ability to identify roadblocks and drive projects to completion
3. Experience with project management strategies and tools
Roles and Responsibilities
* Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
* Lead the development of project timelines, responsibility assignments, and budgets
* Work with project owners to drive identification of key project milestones and deliverables
* Communicate status and issues across the project team and to Company management
* Drive completion of expected project deliverables, on time and within budget
* Work with Sales team members to coordinate with external stakeholders such as from OEM partners and trial participants
* Identify key issues and roadblocks and work cross--functionally to eliminate them
* Think quickly and strategically to keep projects on track, balancing stakeholder needs
* Measure ongoing project performance, and communicate progress internally and with customers
* Strong educational background, preferably in engineering or related technical field
* Proven work experience as a project or program manager with a software product or electrical product
* Excellent customer--facing communication skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* PMP certification is a plus
Structure Reporting to VP of NPD and Quality
* FIRST in the world to launch field trial of wireless EV charging prototypes (2012) - captured over 100K hours from Google, Hertz, SAP, Clemson, etc.
* FIRST in the world to receive a third--party safety certification for a wireless EV charging system and pass FCC requirements (2014)
* FIRST in the world to launch production wireless charging systems to individual EV drivers (2014) that has already logged more than 600k successful charging hours in homes across the USA and
* FIRST in the world to receive a production endorsement from a major OEM (2016)
Today, Plugless is years ahead solving for the plug. Tomorrow, the technology will charge your EV while
you drive. So join us. And help create the everyday fossil fuel vehicle alternative. Charge On.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to our Talent Acquisition team. Please include a cover letter that details your project management development experience as well as your PM experience with a software or electrical product.