Project Manager, Executive Operations Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID 40893BR
Title Project Manager, Executive Operations
Job Category Project Management
Job Description PURPOSE
The Project Manager, Executive Operations drives and manages high impact activities and analyses across organizational functions and lines of business throughout Novo Nordisk, while also providing project management support on a variety of initiatives. Assignments may include activities / analyses related to strategy & capability development, operating effectiveness or organizational efficiency initiatives aligned with Novo Nordisk s strategy and priorities.
This position reports to the Director, PMO and interacts / liaises with key stakeholders, within as well as outside the Novo Nordisk organization, to achieve initiative goals and priorities.
* Drive and manage key activities and analyses anchored in Finance & Operations, to develop business strategy and capabilities, ensure operating effectiveness, secure organizational efficiencies or maximize performance opportunities, in alignment with company priorities, strategic direction and Novo Nordisk Way
* Develop and maintain integrated project plans under direction from supervisor, reflecting the approved balance of scope, time and resources
* Conduct key quantitative and qualitative analyses on assignments to drive superior problem solving
* Provide project management support for a variety of initiatives, managing deliverables in accordance with budget, scope, schedule and staffing; supporting relevant progress reporting and follow-up
* Drive / support the internal and external communications as required for effective alignment, follow-through and execution of assignments
* Support the monitoring of key metrics to inform decisions that maximize returns across enterprise initiatives and programs. Support analysis of multi-faceted, complex issues and identification of new solutions, concepts and tools to continuously improve performance both within and across functional areas and geographical boundaries
* Support assessment of initiatives and participate in development efforts, e.g. strategies, pre-analysis, proposals, business cases
* Support development of Executive Office deliverables on an as-needed basis, including communication for diverse internal and external audiences such as Executive Management team, Board of Directors, customers, government officials, etc.
* Support the execution of special assignments and company-wide initiatives on behalf of the NNI President, on an as-needed basis
* Contribute to the overall development of the Executive Operations office
* 0-10% overnight travel required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* A Bachelor s degree required. Master s degree in relevant area (e.g. Business or Finance) highly preferred
* At least 6 years overall, of relevant progressive business experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
* A minimum of 2 years of top-tier management consulting experience, with a track record of supporting complex cross-functional projects required
* Significant, proven project management and problem-solving experience, with demonstrated ability to develop practical solutions to unstructured problems with limited oversight
* Ability to effectively prioritize, execute and follow-up in a timely manner, anticipating problems and roadblocks
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills for executive level communication and collaboration
* Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities, with ability to synthesize complex information into simplified, user-friendly, persuasive formats and presentations
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
* PMP certification preferred
Department FIN - EXECUTIVE OPERATIONS (2)
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting \\"Yes\\" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.