This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
Farmers Branch, TX
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of Communication System Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer's organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
Leads small projects or portions of larger projects. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
Demonstrates awareness of all nine areas of project management knowledge (PMBOK)
*, PRINCE2, or applicable PM standard with a firm understanding of two. Has knowledge of at least one major project phase. Is a major contributor to the development of the project plan.
Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives.
Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions and/or recommendations may require the allocation of additional resources to correct and/or achieve project goals.
Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes project progress.
Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of the project.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Leads and directs the work of others.
Bachelor's degree required
* 3+ years of system engineering or project management experience
* Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications Civil construction experience desired Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
* PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP highly desired.
* Working towards PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
* Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
* Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
* Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
3 - 5
Bachelor s degree required 3+ years of project/program management or engineering experience