Project Manager, Gas
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
PROJECT MANAGER, GAS
JOB ID 20162917 DATE POSTED 09/28/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Responsible for the planning, delivery, management, and governance of assigned projects in accordance with the National Grid project management processes defined by scope, schedule & quality. Provide leadership and clear direction project team.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Perform Project Management functions to ensure the successful completion of large-scale capital construction projects, which will allow for the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to existing and future customers. Such projects include: transmission pipelines, distribution main, public works, peak-shaving facilities (LNG), regulator/take stations, bridge/railroad/water crossings, and other special capital projects.
* Manage all aspects of assigned project(s) including:
communications; team leadership;
develop and gain approval of scope, cost estimate, schedule and resource plan;
control of project scope, cost, quality and schedule parameters / risk management;
compliance with environmental, safety and National Grid standards and policies;
acquisition of required permits, licenses and land rights;
engineering and design deliverables;
contracted services, equipment and material procurement and administration;
construction, interface with operations, and commissioning;
close activities with project acceptance; and
provide project status reports to team members and stakeholders.
* Promote a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and efficient resource utilization both throughout the department, the project team(s) and project support groups including Engineering & Design departments, Operations, Asset Management groups, Supply Chain Management, Business and Commercial Services, Real Estate, Environmental and Administrative Service groups.
* Provide project management consulting and expertise for peers within the Engineering & Design groups. Seek and promote best practices approach to project management within the team and work group.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* A Bachelor s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility substation/line construction operations. MBA preferred.
* 5+ years experience with project management or equivalent relevant experience.
* Certified Project Management Professional preferred.
* Experience with successful delivery of complex projects and possess team leadership skills.
* Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
* Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
* Knowledge of gas system operations, gas industry codes and regulations, construction, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with
* Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
* Demonstrate openness to change.
* Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
* Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
* Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal).
* Strong skills in: negotiations, presentation, construction management, interpersonal & written communication, and critical analysis.
* Experience with Primavera P6
* Experience forecasting and scheduling
* Valid driver s license with a safe driving history required.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Proj Mgmt & Constr
:Proj Mgmt & Constr
:Sep 27, 2016, 11:00:00 PM