This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROJECT MANAGER
*WILL BE MANAGING A HYBRID WEB/MOBILE APP PROJECT.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH WEB SERVICE DEVELOPMENT, WATERFALL AND AGILE METHODOLOGIES
PREFER SOME EXPERIENCE WITH .NET AND C# APPLICATIONS
The Project Manager leads technical teams in the areas of application development and infrastructure in one or more phases from project inception to delivery. The PM is responsible for overall project strategy, user interface and technology, and develops project plans, deliverables and schedules, and to ensure the teams are meeting proposed milestones and goals. The PM is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the completion of a variety of internal and external projects that together lead to the successful deployment of software, hardware, database, or enterprise products and services. The PM identifies procedures for implementation, coordinates project plans, works with ancillary groups, and has full financial and operational accountability for each project managed.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
1. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors, stakeholders and key systems users.
2. Oversees the project plan, project scope, schedules, resource estimates, project budget, issue management, risk management, change control and status reporting.
3. Assists users in prioritizing new development projects, enhancement projects for existing systems, and system maintenance requests.
4. Works closely with the users and technical teams to ensure that the business requirements are clear and well defined, and that the technical solutions meet the business requirements.
5. Recommends projects to IT management and users for approval.
6. Assesses alternative systems approaches for workability and economic feasibility.
7. Estimates staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, and equipment.
8. Applies project management methodologies and best practices as directed by senior management or that are most appropriate for the project.
9. Supervises technical resources, including contingent workers, associates and 3rd party vendor staff as appropriate.
10. Plans team member work assignments and schedules, and guides and monitors work performance.
11. Develops, manages and reviews project documentation including project plan, budget documentation and status reports.
12. Communicates project status regularly to IT management and project stakeholders.
13. Formalizes project activities and guides a project acceptance as a production system.
14. Assists in the preparation of employee evaluations as required.
15. Makes recommendations regarding staffing requirements and employee discipline, but does not have the authority to execute decision in these areas independently.
16. Fulfills departmental requirements by providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration, or related technical field or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum 5 years in project management in large enterprise environments overseeing small to large teams directly and in matrix managed environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills, and the ability to build strong working relationships with technical and non-technical teams alike at all levels including senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and guide the efforts of small or large teams to successful project completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, as required, and prioritize appropriately
- Skills with standard project management tools including Clarity, MS Project, MS Office, Visio, and Niku - Experience with standardized project management methodologies, processes and compliance standards including SDLC, RUP, PMI, CMMI, ISO, Six Sigma, ITIL and SOX
- Infrastructure Project Managers must have broad technical background with expertise in build-outs, installations, migrations, roll-outs, upgrades, configuration, architecture and design of infrastructures and networks that may involve the following technologies: Windows, Unix, Linux, Citrix, MVS, Apache, AS/400, Mac-OS, LAN, WAN, SAN, Cisco, Dell, Compaq, Toshiba, HP, Lotus Notes, Outlook/Exchange, IE, Switches/Routers/Hubs, TCP/IP, FTP, IIS, SHCP, DNS, MPN, Wireless Networks, Network Connectivity, Veritas, VTS, SRDF, LDAP, Web Farm, SSL, Ethernet, Token, Firewalls, RAID, Websphere, Weblogic, Process Scheduler, Helpdesk, Desktop