This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Manager
Alcami Corporation is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing.
With nearly 800 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities include API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
To coordinate a multidisciplinary project team to assure the accurate and timely completion of all contract writing and managing, ERP, invoicing, designing and implementing project plans, acting as the primary liaison with the project team and client communicating project information to appropriate staff members. The Project Manager serves as a primary point of contact and assist clients with their drug development programs. They may also be called upon to participate in the corporate management process and shall actively engage in and support business development effort.
Key Job Responsibilities
Located in our Project Management Office, establish overall Project Plan/Scope, individual work plans for each phase of the project, and request resources from all the appropriate departments.
* Form project team and begin the project initiation process; educate Clients on processes and documentation.
* Effectively lead the project team (Project Leadership); resolve any internal project team issues and coordinate decision making within the team;
* Ensure team members understand project objectives, deliverables, timelines and tasks and are committed to meet or exceed plan; resolve resource constraints with appropriate individual(s);
* Generate and review project timelines and deliverables status and promptly modify schedules or plans as required, notify client and CML stakeholders;
* Confer with project team to outline work plans and to assess duties and responsibilities throughout project duration;
* Facilitate regular team meetings with client to review project activities and report status; communicate project challenges, scope changes, and timelines;
* Communicate out-of-scope activities to client and project team and how the activities will be addressed;
* Utilize project management tools and templates; improve processes and coach team members
* Establish and communicate major milestones both internally and externally; discuss with team when escalation is required based on progress against deliverables/milestones;
* Manage internal conflicting resource demands with the objective of keeping the project on track; effectively work with internal management to resolve any resource constraints;
* Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives; clearly communicate risks to client and/or key stakeholders;
* Facilitate client and project team meetings throughout the project; generate meeting agenda/minutes;
* Build relationships with customers through frequent communication throughout the project and by ensuring their needs are met;
* Provide technical advice (when appropriate) to project team and client; troubleshooting and direction as necessary;
* Lead business/project review meetings; support the client during onsite visits;
* Conduct project closeout and lesson learned meetings/activities;
* Identify project scope changes (vs original plan) for assessment by evaluation team; provide justification including additional resources / time;
* Cooperate with accounting for invoicing, revenue recognition, profitability, and other key financial metrics; Provide financial forecast data to finance weekly for each assigned project;
* Support business development efforts; involvement with proposal generation as needed;
* Provide input and feedback to Management on individual team member's performance; and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* BS or MS in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related pharmaceutical experience;
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management leading multi-disciplinary project teams in a service business;
* PMP Certification preferred.
Alcami Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.