This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Glen Allen, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for PROJECT MANAGER for our client in GLEN ALLEN, VA
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: GLEN ALLEN, VA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
* Candidate should have experience in MS Project, MS Office, Visio
* Business Partner
* Trusted partner to the management team.
* Act as an internal consultant by establishing credibility with leaders as a valuable resource for business and project issues.
* Identify with leader's initiatives which drive the department agenda.
* Participate in management team meetings.
* Ensure successful roll out of company-wide programs and initiatives.
* Develop and build collaborative relationships across the business to drive results.
SKILL SET DESIRED:
* Support Allscripts Solutions Management or other Allscripts Management by providing project management control on key initiatives, usually pertaining to developing and delivering solutions to market or to internal process improvement
* Ensure adherence to common processes, such as the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process, and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Work with Project Team to define, estimate & schedule project work to achieve project scope
* Provide a platform for communication and relationship management - engage stakeholders for buy-in, relieve bottlenecks help diagnose root cause of problems
* Identify and escalate critical issues in timely manner
* Ensure teams are taking corrective action as necessary to deliver complete scope, desired quality and timeliness of strategic programs
* Keep team apprised via project plans, meetings and discussion minutes of project tasks identified, tasks to be completed, and work not completed
* Identify resource needs and competencies
* Set and communicate team/individual responsibilities
* Raise concerns timely to leadership regarding mismatch on required project team member's competencies
* Allocate work load to fully utilize every program team members talent
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
* Successful completion of Bachelor's degree or relevant business /information technology experience
* PMP Certification preferred
* Demonstrable project management skills, including influencing, communications and tracking skills, and planning and organization
* Solid knowledge of project management methodologies, tools substantial time is spent working on a computer, having meetings and on conference calls