Project Manager - Global Ops Strategic 9/13/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Steelcase Inc.
Inspired by over 100 years of insight, Steelcase leverages the power of place to offer a comprehensive portfolio of workplace, healthcare, and education products, furnishings and services to serve the world's leading organizations. Founded in 1912, Steelcase is the global leader in enhancing how people work, heal, and learn.
We're a globally-integrated organization with nearly 10,000 employees around the world. Our employees are our greatest asset, who showcase a strong commitment to integrity and doing the right thing for their customers, employees, business partners, associates and neighbors.
Responsible for leading initiation through execution of large and complex, sometimes unconventional, strategic-in-nature Ops based projects that have a high degree of scope and risk. Projects may include, but are not limited to, experience design efforts, analytics/data driven coordination, business start-up support, strategic focus on industrial model, customer experience focused efforts, major product development collaboration efforts, etc. Utilizes advanced project management fundamentals to facilitate and lead a cross-functional team through the project management process to achieve desired goals and objectives. Compiles, analyzes and communicates detailed project objectives and requirements in terms of function and performance and leads the team to success. Key partner with the project sponsor. Works with teams to define project charters, develop project timelines, monitor project budget(s), lead risk identification/management, communications planning, etc. Compiles master project plan from various detailed plans co-created with project team members. Responsible for completion of projects on schedule and within budget. Acts as teacher, coach and mentor for other Project Managers. Takes active role in raising Global Ops project management competency. Will be an active member of the Operations Project Management leadership team that will lead definition through execution of our project management methodologies, tools, governance processes, etc.. Will create content, design approaches and lead training/coaching/mentoring/etc. to help raise the overall project management competency across Global Operations. Represents and positively promotes the vision/purpose of Global Operations.
* Energetic and empathetic approach to achieving results through others.
* Ability to develop strong relationships with a vast range of leaders across the business.
* Knowledge and hands on experience with the complete project management process
* Extensive project planning skills, including the successful completion of medium and large scale & scope projects.
* Ability to identify issues, specify corrective actions and lead team(s) to best resolution.
* Proven management and negotiation skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communications; relationship building as well as presentation skills to present project concepts at all levels within the company.
* Ability to motivate project team and accomplish activities through others including diverse teams of professionals and sometimes semi-skilled personnel.
* Knowledge and ability to apply design thinking (user centered, customer-centric) approach/tools.
* Curious about learning and trying new things that can be applied specifically and broadly (ex. Experience Design) to improve the customer experience.
* Ability to manage extensive project budgets and coordinate budget approval process.
* Proficient in use of computer business applications such as Microsoft Project, Excel and other productivity tools.
* Displays an interest and a curiosity of different cultures
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Bachelors or Master's Degree in a project management or organizational behavior related field preferred.
* Project Mgt Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Mgt Institute (PMI) highly preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years proven project management experience