Project Manager 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for PROJECT MANAGER for our client in GOLDEN, CO
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: GOLDEN, CO
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Candidate lives local - in-person interview is required
* Candidate is an experienced senior-level project manager, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, and has experience leading both application and infrastructure type IT projects from initiating to closing.
* Candidate can jump in and easily pickup projects that are already in execution and take them to completion
* Create and maintain relationships and provide quality customer service to county departments, project sponsors, and project stakeholders
* Responsible for assisting county executive management, division directors/managers, and information technology (IT) staff in scoping, planning leading project tasks, and assigning resources - to accomplish project deliverable.
* Ability to provide business analysis skills on his/her or others projects, as well as leading projects in a senior project manager role.
* Use appropriate project management tools, reports, templates, mentoring, training, and coaching to IT project teams.
* Work directly with agency staff, and vendors (as needed) and, when necessary, other county departments in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned IT projects.
* Utilize project management best practices, including risk management, quality management, change management, change control and communication.
* Manage by providing leadership, collaboration, supervision, training, guidance and support to all IT project team members on assigned projects.
* Lead the effort for ensuring department compliance with the county's project management processes and standards.
* Highly desirable are candidates who possess a PMP and CBA accreditation, with knowledge of both agile and waterfall PM methodologies
* Term position with possibility of extension