This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONProject Manager
Our client, a growing, reputable company is looking for Project Managers to join their team as a full-time employee. You can be based near any one of their offices across the US (Indianapolis preferred). The Project Manager will manage material handling automation projects involving a wide variety of equipment, machines, software, controls, and technologies, and ranging in value from $50 thousand to $20 million. The ideal candidate will be a Project Management Professional ( PMP ) experienced in the material handling industry, warehouse management and/or control systems ( WMS, WCS ), and possess direct experience and expertise in one or more of the technical specialties used in the projects; software development and deployment experience is especially desirable at this time. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including bonus and great benefits!
* Be accountable for planning, execution, and closure of material handling equipment projects involving structures, conveyor, machinery, controls, and software.
* Be accountable for financial performance of projects.
* Manage project resources residing in multiple states.
* Manage relationships and contracts with multiple partners / vendors.
* Create and maintain a documented project plan and schedule.
* Keep complete records of every project including a change log, action items, issues and risk monitoring log.
* Adhere to work and documentation standards.
* Apply appropriate judgment in the use of documentation and structure while executing projects.
* Apply appropriate judgment in the use of best practices for software development.
* Give consistent and concise verbal and written updates to projects, always with reference to in-scope deliverables, specific project issues, or risks.
* Be required to travel up to 50% throughout the US.
* Be able to work weekends and evenings as required, particularly for project go-live events.
* Be prompt and consistent in work attendance.
* 4+ years of Project Management in a Manufacturing environment, including Insulation / Controls experience.
* Experienced in materials handling, warehouse management systems ( WMS ), fulfillment or distribution center operations, and supply chain logistics.
* Experience in automation projects involving machines, robotics, controls, and software is strongly preferred.
* Knowledgeable and conversant in the software development life cycle ( SDLC ).
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Operations Management discipline.
* PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the US.
* Process-oriented; have a methodology and be able to clearly describe that methodology; use decomposition and a structured approach.
* Adaptable in communication styles from factory workers to engineers to CEOs.
* Able to differentiate clearly the roles of PM, BA, Architect, Designer, Developer and QA.
* Proactive, self-starting and focused on reaching project objectives.
* Structured, organized, and methodical in your approach.
* Personable, quick thinking and a clear communicator.
* A good listener-must ask thoughtful and on-point questions. A respected mentor/leader.