This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
The position is responsible for coordinating all facets of manufacturing/production for assigned projects (tradeshows, exhibits, etc.). Ultimately responsible for delivering on all required/ordered signage for events. Responsibilities are diverse in nature requiring initiative and judgment in determining appropriate project solutions.
* Maintains a high level of professionalism while interacting with design, sales, account management, CAD and shop/show site production.
* Interfaces with clients and vendors as required.
* Responsible for managing trade show, in house and custom projects.
* Facilitates or participates in all project-related meetings.
* Ensures that all material and resources are available to meet a show s schedule.
* Oversees all preliminary, construction, setup and as built drawings to insure accuracy. Coordinates all drawing changes and additions with the necessary departments. Prepares marked up plans and specifications to the CAD department.
* Insures accurate and up-to-date information is communicated to the required departments to successfully complete a project. Initiates and coordinates changes and additions as deemed necessary.
* Communicates project requirements from clients and account management to define specific work required.
* Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of management.
Production Planning Process
* The supervisor of project management has the responsibility for the overall production planning of all shows. This position is responsible for communicating with sales, account management, design, project management, and the graphics team all issues and concerns relating to the capacity plan, show timelines, milestone due dates, client concerns, and production issues.
* The project manager assists in the above function by communicating to their supervisor all concerns and issues relating to their show assignments that will have an impact on meeting the capacity plan, milestone due dates, and show and department schedules.
* The project manager has the responsibility for completing requests regarding structural design, technical issues, and writing work orders to begin preliminary work.
* The project manager takes total ownership of a project s schedule and production when the account manager releases the work orders to Project Management.
* The project manager is responsible for coordinating and communicating the progress of the project through to the show move-in, and will assist the account manager on show move-out and storage, as requested.
* The project manager is responsible for communicating the progress of all projects as deemed necessary by the supervisor of project management.
* The project manager is responsible for maintaining active detailed show/departmental files.
* The project manager is responsible for developing detailed post show reports, and along with the show files insure that this information is available for future show reference.
* The project manager is responsible for completing all duties assigned by the supervisor of project
* Bachelors degree or the equivalent in a related discipline is required, or 3 years related experience will be considered
* At least 1 year project management experience in exhibit design and construction is required
* At least 1 year of experience in reading and interpreting CAD prints is required
* At least 1 year experience in the management of projects and contracts is required
* Ability to anticipate problems/concerns relevant to project management and provide solutions in a timely manner is required.
* Must be self-directed and use own creative approach within prescribed guidelines.
* Must possess strong work ethics, communication and leadership skills and have exceptional analytical ability and relationship building skills.
* A high level of commitment and ownership to his or her assigned projects
* Excellent administration and multi-tasking ability.
* Financial understanding and business acumen.
* Entrepreneurial sprit and a can do positive attitude.
* A high level of intellectual honesty, initiative and motivation.
* Must have strong computer skills, including ability to understand and use computer spreadsheet applications.
* Exposure to convention management and familiarization of graphics production techniques is required.
* Requires good general math skills and the ability to conceptualize in 3-D.
* Project managers must be willing to travel.
* Must be able to work extended hours during show move-ins.
* Possess an extremely high level of physical energy.
* Be willing to work in diverse and remote environment
* Must be able to sustain extended duration s of physical activity as required by assignments
* 50% - Work is performed in office conditions, involving sitting most of the time.
* 30% - Work may involve repetitive motion (i.e. constant keying, using fingers, or grasping of objects).
* 30% - Work is performed in a somewhat crowded or noisy area where there may be mild discomfort due to temperature, dust or other conditions.
* 30% - Work involves occasional exertion of physical effort (i.e. periods of standing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.