- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Project Manager II (IT)
More information about this job:
As a Project Manager II (IT) with the Portal Project Management Team you will plan and lead medium-to-large IT projects of moderate-to-high complexity.
Please note, this position is being posted as we are now also considering candidates at the level of Project Manager I (IT) - (D13).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Interpersonal skills
* Presentation skills
* Detail orientation
* Organizational skills
* Business communication skills
* Critical thinking skills
* Leadership skills
* Meeting facilitation skills
* Negotiation skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Scope management skills
* Decision-making skills
* Business and financial acumen
* Ability to build and foster key stakeholder partnerships
* Ability to successfully manage risks and issues
* Fosters a strong team environment
* Ability to facilitate groups Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Minimum Required Education Equivalents
* Bachelor s degree in business, finance, management information systems, project management, or related field and five years of project management experience; or
* Associate s degree in business, finance, management information systems, project management, or related field and seven years related project management experience; or
* High school diploma or GED and nine years related project management experience.
* Strong knowledge of project life cycle including systems development methods, programming languages, IT platforms and change management concepts required.
* In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools required.
* Understanding of insurance industry preferred.
* Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and database software required.
* Preferred Designations
* Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Six-sigma green belt
* Related insurance designations
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%) 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%) Over 50 lbs. Rarely
* Driving: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Rarely
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Frequent (50-80%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.