Project Manager II - Power Networks
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ATTACH FORM IF NEED MORE SPACE)
Supporting Transmission and Substation projects located out of our Southern California offices
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost
effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code
- Visibly support WorleyParsons One-Way Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE
requirements included in design and procurement.
- Ensure effective management of WorleyParsons/Client contract, including delivery of the budget gross margin.
S cope Management
- Ensure effective handover from Business Development Group.
- Ensure a clear definition of scope.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply an effective change control process,
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take preemptive action.
- Effectively manage project interfaces, including use of High Value Engineering centres.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule.
- Take ownership of the project schedule.
- Monitor the key reports and the development of corrective action plans.
- Ensure timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out
- Ensure that all project plans and estimates are prepared accurately and timely.
- Assist in monitoring and control all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends and
take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities
- Assess performance of cost control system & personnel.
- Define the project quality requirements.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Ensure compliance with WorleyParsons policies and procedures.
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project.
- Provide mentoring of personnel as required and participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and implement training requirements.
- Ensure effective communications with the project team.
- Ensure accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Client and internally to WorleyParsons management.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and
introduction of changes where required.
- Identify and monitor closure of all project risks and opportunities.
- Maintain the risk avoidance and risk mitigation focus throughout the project duration.
- Ensure design team are aware of, and are complying with, client's Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes
and the project schedule.
- Monitor design activities, inter-discipline data flow and communications.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification and are delivered on time and
are within budget.
- Monitor the Construction Management function to ensure safe delivery of the project within cost and schedule objectives.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Previous technical, practical and commercial experience including proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities.
- Previous experience as a project manager on projects of up to US$5m - US$10m total value.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment, leadership and communication skills and a
high level of customer focus.
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Bachelors Degree
- 7 years of Project Management experience
- A thorough understanding of utility procedures and practices
- Transmission & Substation and/or Power related experience
- Knowledge of major electrical utility industry construction means and methods
- Utility background experience
- Engineering Degree
- PMP Certification
- PE license
- Eligible for Certified Practicing Project Manager (CPPM) certification or equivalent.
OUR GOAL IS TO DEVELOP AND MOST IMPORTANTLY RETAIN THE PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR VISION AND STRATEGY. TO HELP US ACHIEVE OUR VISION AND YOURS, APPLY NOW.
WorleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.