Project Manager II 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY:
CUSTOMER-FACING ROLE WHICH MANAGES ALL ASPECTS OF PROVISIONING COMPLEX SOLUTIONS INVOLVING CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAMS FOCUSED ON THE DELIVERY OF NEW OR EXISTING PRODUCTS. Monitors the project from initiation (order booking) through delivery (hand off to support) and will often be expected to support AND REPRESENT SERVICE DELIVERY WITHIN THE SALES PROCESS (INCLUDING CREATION OF STATEMENT OF WORK). Organizes all interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and on budget to established success criteria. Has overall project management responsibility and on-going support of assigned projects, accounts, and customers within the overall business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for driving project deliverables in support of maximizing customer satisfaction and revenue recognition.
* Communicates broad project information to a wide variety of individuals and groups at all levels of the customer's and EarthLink's organization.
* Develops plans and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and parameters.
* Develops extensive documentation, which include business requirements (Statement of Work), reporting and work order requests.
* Ensures that project requirements are identified, met and delivered to the appropriate areas.
* Manages established project plan, taking into consideration deadlines, resources, and timing when making changes and decisions when planning and organizing ongoing tasks and responsibilities.
* Held accountable for results of timely implementation, communication, and on-going support of assigned projects. Acts as a spokesperson for the project, including answering questions, disseminating information, handling inquiries, and managing all tasks associated with assigned projects within EarthLink's provisioning databases.
* Interacts with management and cross-functional teams to develop, implement and provide regular updates for activities and initiatives involved in the project plan.
* Responsible for project lifecycle which includes conducting key milestone touch points, forecasting of revenue, developing business requirements, prioritization of change requests, end user communications and successful implementations.
* Manages all additions, changes and modifications to the project plan, to include scope, timeline and resource changes.
* Maps out existing and or current process flows and compares them to proposed process improvements, identifying areas of process improvement.
* Performs system and business analysis to effectively work with other business units to determine roadmap, timeline, activities schedules, budget, scope and priorities.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
Minimum of 3-4 years project management experience.
Software * MS Office
* Various Project Management software knowledge may be required.
* Windows XP Workstation
Other Job Specific Skills
* STRONG SKILLS IN EVALUATING METRICS AND DATA; STRONG ABILITY TO FORECAST REVENUE, PRIORITIZE TASKS AND MEET DEADLINES INDEPENDENTLY
* Ability to fully understand business issues and provide systematic solutions
* Excellent project management skills including planning, issue resolution, relationship maintenance, etc.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Strong detail orientation
EDUCATION:Bachelor's Degree in Business or related degree or equivalent work experience.
CERTIFICATION: CAPM for Project Managers and PMP for Program Managers preferred.