Project Manager (IT Infrastructure)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for a Project Manager based in our Plymouth Meeting, PA location.
Summary of Position: The Project Manager facilitates and coordinates the implementation of large scale IT related projects that may have extended timelines. The Project Manager is involved in all phases of the project from obtaining requirements to roll out, while maintaining budget, communications, and objective of the overall project.
* Performs day-to-day management of all phases of the project including, verifying project requirements, design, development, test, and deployment of each project.
* Completes critical path analyses and tracking to maintain an accurate and updated view of the activities and deliverables to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals.
* Manages resource planning and assignments by partnering with internal staff to determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedules according to the project timeline.
* Ensures that all project resources are all used effectively.
* Defines team member roles and expectations and ensures effective communication between all parties involved in the project.
* Manages projects while balancing appropriate gross margin and billable utilization targets as defined by annual goals. This includes reviewing and completing weekly timesheet and expense approvals for project teams.
* Monitors cost to provide accounting support for project time, materials, and services. This may include monitoring carriers and equipment suppliers to ensure that hardware and circuits are tracked and billed correctly.
* Coordinates all project activities with business owners/stakeholders and other support, technical infrastructure, and application teams.
* Manages relationships and coordinates work between vendors, customers, sub-contractors, and engineering teams throughout various locations.
* Manages the completion and distribution of all deliverables to customers, by tracking the delivery status and installation schedules, in accordance with required timeframes.
* Assures that the expected service levels are met and that all Statement of Work deliverables meet quality standards.
* Oversees change management on the overall project scope, according to a predefined change process, to meet project goals.
* Creates and maintains project implementation plans, risk mitigation plans, design documents, project budget, status reports, and all other project management-related documentation. This 1ncludes updating all internal systems to ensure all documented information aligns with the current project status.
* Resolves all client satisfaction issues and develops a partner relationship for the long term benefit of the client and the vendor.
Leadership and Development
* Educates internal resources on the value of project management and its contribution to the growth of the company.
* Actively participates in the development of leading practices.
* Participates in technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects.
* Remains up-to-date on relevant solutions, products, and services by attending internal PM training/meetings, achieving Developmental Plan goals, and obtaining PM certifications.
* 8 or more years of direct project management experience in IT Infrastructure preferred
* Proficient with MS Project and MS Office Suite
* BS/BA required
* PMP certification preferred
* 10% - 20% regional travel
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proficiency in the English language and reading comprehension.
* Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in; strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Strong customer service, interpersonal, and active listening skills.
* Operative active learning skills to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
* Superior project management, time management, and coordination skills to plan, organize, staff, and direct the overall production of a project.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong critical thinking, appropriate judgment, and logical decision-making skills.
* Effective monitoring, instructing, and quality control analysis skills, to evaluate the quality of performance and take corrective action when necessary.
* Strong public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to manage relationships by persuading and negotiating with others.
* Ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning and see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance.
* Ability to utilize information ordering skills to create defined patterns according to specific rules and procedures.
* Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
* Ability to sense and forecast problem areas.
* Ability to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.