Project Manager (Information Security-Healthcare Insurance)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition #:
Project Manager (Information Security-Healthcare Insurance)
Project Management professionals are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees* Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry s most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 900,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
As an Information Security Project Manager, you will be responsible for applying the principles, techniques and best practices in the planning, organizing and implementation of high-profile projects that are complex and not always clearly defined. You will partner with IT to promote open lines of communication and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and processes. You will manage multiple cross-functional projects with the goal of obtaining synergy between projects.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Serve as Project Manager for the implementation of system projects due to new, enhanced or integrated functionality as well as the introduction of new product offerings.
2. Partner with Chief Information Security Officer to develop company security profile and lead teams to create and execute on the vision and goals of Information Security department.
3. Partner with Business and work in reducing risk and close any information security gaps, without impacting business deliverables.
4. Initiate, plan, execute, control and close project activities.
5. Define and verify scope, develop project plans and timetables, and create roles and responsibilities matrix
6. Develop work plans for each subproject/department and prepare summary for management review.
7. Execute and maintain project plans; review, track, monitor and report on project status; identify, track and resolve issues by proposing viable solutions.
8. Calculate, mitigate and monitor risk, creating contingency plans and advising management, as appropriate.
9. Perform defect management
10. Establish and maintain working relationship with all departments, stakeholders and external customers involved with project.
11. Lead multidisciplinary, cross functional teams and manage multiple projects in parallel.
12. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
13. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
14. Demonstrate commitment to the Company s core values.
15. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an Information Security Project Manager, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, prioritization and Project Management skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
*Minimum Bachelor s Degree in IT or Computer Science, or 4 years of related experience
*Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management capacity preferably in a fast paced, rapidly changing business and technology environment.
*Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
*Experience in managing IT and corporate projects
*Experience on a project team that successfully implemented new technologies, work processes or process improvements preferred
*Experience in partnering with application security and conducting vulnerability/penetration testing and IT Audits.
*Conducted Risk Assessments.
*Defined IT Risk Management frameworks and setup monitoring and auditing of IT processes which yielded risk data to analyze trends and gaps that help define actions and strategies.
*HITRUST and NIST certification efforts preferred.
*Experience in Program and Portfolio management in Waterfall and Agile Methodologies is required. * Experience with the RFP process.
*Developed governance, control and monitoring practices in conjunction with Security , IT and Business teams.
*Previous Infrastructure or Application Development experience is a plus.
*Risk management experience is a plus.
*PMP or Prince Certification is a plus.
*Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with the healthcare claim processing is a strong plus.
*Excellent communication (oral, written and listening), project management, presentation, analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
*Ability to use software and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Project Server and Sharepoint,
*Ability to interact with other units and project managers, as well as directly with C level executives, legal/technology teams and vendors when needed.
*Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
*Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow-through
*Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities as business needs dictate
*Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
As an Information Security Project Manager with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Life insurance
* Optional and dependent life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability
* Paid time off
* Paid company holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Flexible Spending Account
* Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional BenefitsWe offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account