Project Manager 9/4/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Clifton Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have a solid team of talented employees to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
PROJECT MANAGER- INSTALLATION & SERVICE
Leads moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope.
* Methodology - Understanding of Project Management Institute's (PMI) methodology and key knowledge areas, Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
* Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and management.
* Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
* Fiscal - Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project, requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Simplex-Grinnell accounting methodology using AIA standards.
* Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality, conducting inspections of work site, ensuring workmanship meets installation required quality standards and expectations.
* Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
* Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience of at least five years
* PMI PMP (Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional) certification preferred or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of employment in the position.
* 5 years Project Management - security industry or new construction experience preferred.
* Travel, 60% or as needed
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.