This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRecycling Project Manager
United States, AK, Juneau
JOB NUMBER: 16011491
CATEGORY: Engineering/Environmental Protection
LOCATION: United States, AK, Juneau
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Plans and directs all onsite activities at client location in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Supervises and plans activities of onsite personnel. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues and contract management. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
* Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
* Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
* Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
* Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
* Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of up to 10 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting or Business, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
* Experience: Two years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is preferred.
* 40 Hour Hazwoper is preferred.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
* Supervisory and team building skills
* Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
* Effective and concise communication
* Adept decision making
* Strategic thinking
* Strong leadership and relationship building skills
* Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
* Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
* Must have waste streams knowledge and experience
* Must be able to work in elements, on customer site
* Ability to work long hours
* Must be able to travel by boat to customer site
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job: Will have to work in close proximity to a mine.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.