Project Manager (Learning/Training Background Preferred)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com .
GP has an immediate need for a Project Manager. This position will start out as temporary but has the strong possibility of turning into a full-time, regular position.
Support the planning and management of all efforts associated with the project/program by interfacing with senior management, project team members, and the client to meet customer and company expectations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Develops and manages a set scope of work within the project through setting effective expectations, communication, change management control, budget control and management, issue escalation and resolution, and overall business understanding of the project needs.
* Actively supports and communicates detailed project plans and schedules.
* Manages scope/expectations, resources, time (task planning and prioritization), and risks.
* Maintains routine communications (written and verbal) with senior management and the client concerning all aspects of the project.
* Escalates visibility to issues; offers solutions and drives issues to resolution.
* Interfaces with project team members including internal staff in various offices and teams, third-party organizations, and the client, often dispersed geographically.
* Develops rapport and maintains collaborative relationships with primary client contacts.
* Supports the development of team members professionally and technically.
* Effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously.
* Provides direction to assigned project team members and collaborates with peers to prioritize competing commitments among shared resources.
* Maintains project data in resourcing, financial, and data management systems as required.
* Supports business development (scoping and project estimating) efforts as required.
* Experience managing projects, including defining project scope and budget, creating project schedules, managing project resources, resolving issues, and reporting status.
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
* Exceptional written and communication skills
* Relationship development and management
* Detail orientation
* Experience in sales, marketing, and/or professional development, or training in those areas
* Familiarity/experience with instructional design, adult learning, and/or content development
* Experience leading training content development projects
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.