This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Tempur Sealy International
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tempur Sealy is currently seeking an exceptional candidate to be part of the Project Management office in the Global Product Development team. The Project Manager, New Product Development will be responsible to lead cross-functional teams from Marketing, Sourcing, Engineering, Product Engineering/Manufacturing, Brand Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain focused on the development, commercialization and delivery to the market of entirely new mattress, foundation and pillow product lines for North America and International Markets. The individual will lead the team to successfully complete the tollgates in the Business Decision Making Process and to deliver the projects on time, on cost and on quality. Role can be filled in either Lexington or Trinity.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Lead the cross functional project teams for assigned projects to deliver the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the project. KPIs include cost, quality, schedule, product performance, brand claims, craftsmanship, new present value, and payback
* Lead the business decision making tollgate process
* Lead project delivery on time, on cost and on quality.
* Develop the overall Project Master Schedule with input from all the functional schedules. Work with the functional leads on the project core team to ensure their functional schedules support the Master Project Schedule.
* Drive a plan for every component part in the new product that supports the Master Project Schedule.
* Drive execution of the schedule
* Drive accountability with functional leads on core team to drive their functional schedules and to close functional issues per the Master Project Schedule
* Manage the Action Register for the projects and drive issues to completion. Elevate issues as appropriate
* Communicate project status and issues to the Senior Leaders
* Lead problem solving efforts with the project team
* Drive timely decision making on project issues, ensuring impact to KPIs are clear to all stakeholders.
* Maintain the One List for their projects
* Participate in business process improvements for the Project Management function. Share best practices across the PMO. May be called upon to participate in business process improvements for other functions
* Lead multiple projects concurrently
* Execute other duties as assigned
* Ideally, the candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Finance or other technical discipline. An MBA is a plus.
* 3-5 years experience as a Project Manager for the definition, design and development of new products, preferably in the consumer products industry, with 5-7 years of professional work experience.
* Proven and effective project management and business process redesign experience
* Demonstrated ability to work in teams and cross-functionally
* Proficiency in technology (including but not limited to browsers and the Microsoft Office suite: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Project)
* Training or certification in Project Management and/or Six Sigma a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled