Project Manager, Manager (Laboratory Productivity Solutions)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced manager to get directly involved in Agilent s fast growing Laboratory Productivity Solutions business.
The top qualified candidate will manage directly a team of Subject Matter Experts and Project Managers in the successful delivery of pre-sales and post sales customer facing projects. For example, but not limited to, Lab Relocations, RFID Inventory Projects, Enterprise Asset Management Programs, GMP Compliance, and Laboratory Business Intelligence.
The assigned team is responsible for partnering with sales, clients, and local delivery teams in the architecting and development of CrossLab services business opportunities. They project manage the solution design/development, pricing, and deployment of integrated laboratory service programs and projects to clients; often involving multi-function and multi-vendor efforts. They determine the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements.
The manager is responsible for effective business development, delivery, and customer satisfaction of team s assigned projects. The manager is expected to drive the utilization of industry recognized project management tools and discipline throughout the organization. They will manage the planning, development and utilization of human resources required to grow the business. Develops internal partnership and external relationships in order to understand business priorities of both Agilent and clients, and allocates resources accordingly to achieve Sales/support targets. Stays current on and anticipates trends and developments in relevant field. Balances investments against profitability. Promotes and develops custom solutions that achieve client needs, planned profits and quality deliverables.
* 5-10 years Agilent support and/or sales experience
* Minimum Four year Educational scientific degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in coaching and training assigned employees and management in the use of industry recognized project management tools and methods
* At least 5 years of demonstrated project management experience and successes. With strong adherence to industry accepted tools and methodologies.
* Ability to manage and understand laboratory instrument service and maintenance business
* Expert level business acumen and skills
* Team building/development and leadership skills
* Customer oriented
* Customer contracting and Scope of Work Development Skills
* Ability to design, price, implement, and manage complex lab instrument service, asset management, and maintenance programs at customer sites.
* Direct reporting and management experience (preferred)
* Strong change management skills
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
* Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
* Strong interpersonal and management skills, with ability to manage multiple persons and projects in fast-paced environment
* Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
* Advance level of proficiency in all Microsoft programs, especially Excel and data mining
* Experience in coaching and training front line workers and management in Lean and six sigma tools and methods (preferred)
* Experience in managing multiple teams in different client sites and strong change management and interpersonal skills
* PMP Certification (strong preference)
Geographical Location: US based
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.