This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Rose International INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Project Manager
Position Number: 239986
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Desired Skill Set:
Project Management, Project Plans, SDLC
Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: 9/12/16 - 9/11/17
Location: Minneapolis, MN 55402
# of Positions: 2
* Prefer experience within the Brokerage/Financial Services industry.
* The project manager will be the single point of contact (SPOC), managing the overall project.
* The SPOC PM will manage the delivery of the end-to end business solution that may include technology, communication/training to the end-users, service delivery for client/advisor calls/service, legal and compliance aspects of the project, etc.
* This position is not for a technology PM or an infrastructure PM although a solid understanding of the systems development life cycle and project implementation methodologies is required.
* One PM will be focused on managing conversion activities, the second will be more focused on Brokerage Product Changes.
* Exceptional project planning across a broad range of business units and work components (some projects can have up to 40 cross commit work artifacts that need to be planned)i.e. defining, estimating and scheduling project tasks and inter-dependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure.
* Proven track record in identifying and managing the critical path of big project efforts as well as a couple of smaller project efforts
* Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, timeline and cost (know how to control scope, timeline and cost - will need to demonstrate this)
* Strong financial management skills including experience with creating / updating monthly forecasts, and review of actuals and variances.
* Strong executive presence and experience with facilitating core, owner and steering committee meetings.
* Holding resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources across a broad range of business functions as well as vendors and internal technology deliverables
* Adhering to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records
* Identifying and tracking key measures of success for the project.
* Clear concise project communication (status, meeting agenda, meeting notes) for different audiences from core teams to owner teams to steering committee members.
* Consistently providing internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success
* Analyzing project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs
* Implementing corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitating project change requests
* Escalating to the Steering Committee/Project Sponsor risks and issues with potential significant impact
* Working effectively with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies
* Transitioning project into daily business operations at the end of the project
* Strong business knowledge of financial services and products preferred
ROSE INTERNATIONAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ARREST AND CONVICTION RECORDS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY LAW. POSITIONS LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA WILL BE ADMINISTERED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE.