Project Manager - Minneapolis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Opportunity to join our client s Release and Portfolio Management department. Responsible for release scoping and release management; managing release and portfolio risks; reporting, and partnering to manage the overall Data Program portfolio. Also responsible for interacting with senior leadership and stakeholder (Accountable Leaders). Projects may be long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses.
* Partner to manage the Release Exception process by identifying and driving process improvements.
* Responsible for managing releases to ensure projects within the release meet the SDLC milestones.
* Work with other project managers in managing all activities in the project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) associated with high visibility projects within a release.
* Interact with leadership, major stakeholders and Project Managers needed to help establish strategic risk mitigation plans and objectives for releases within the Data Program Portfolio.
* Create and deliver presentations on Portfolio/Release goals and plans, including reports, metrics, and formal communications.
* Will demonstrate ownership of the entire process from beginning to end.
* Develop and implement release level processes, procedures and performance metrics.
* Typically manages a family or series of projects within one or two release to obtain benefits, controls and release health.
* Ensure program/project-related risks are managed within a strategic release risk mitigation plan according to the Project Management Policy.
* 7+ years of as a Project Manager experience including full SDLC methodology experience
* Strong project management and leadership acumen required
* Release and Portfolio management experience and knowledge
* Experience with Microsoft Suite of Products including Access, Visio and PowerPoint
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.