This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for PROJECT MANAGER for our client in OLYMPIA, WA
JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: OLYMPIA, WA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Receive direction from the Executive Sponsor
* Administer project activities and enforces project governance
* Regularly report project status to Executive Sponsor and Steering Committee
* Participate in QA meetings, receives QA Reports, coordinates and drafts management responses to QA findings
* Upload QA response to OCIO IT Transparency dashboard
* Monitor timelines and tasks
* Identify and escalate project risks and issues
* Ensure risk mitigations, issue resolutions, and decisions are implemented
* Ensure project related assignments are distributed to identified project resources and that assigned tasks remain in scope and completed schedule
* Coordinate assignments and communication amongst the various project teams and stakeholders, including Technical Leads, Operations Group, Vendor Teams and Facet Groups
* Consistently maintain an accurate, resource-based, dependency driven project schedule/work breakdown structure using MS Project that includes details tasks and timelines
* Update schedule daily ensuring it reflects projected and actual activity status;
* Track completion of Artifacts and Deliverables
* Receive and perform administrative reviews of vendor submitted Artifacts and Deliverables
* Maintain project documentation, collaborative work environment, and document repository.
* Liaise with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and Office of Financial Management (OFM)
* Update OCIO dashboard
* Serve as designated vendor manager
* Manage and monitor project budget
* Inform Steering Committee of major project activities
* Coordinate Steering Committee and Operations Group meetings
* Coordinate quarterly reviews and updates of the Project Management Plans
* Ensure that the project team stays focused
* Coordinate with Vendor Project Managers and Project Teams
* Resolve conflicts and issues at lowest level
* Escalate issues, risks and decisions to the Steering Committee and or Executive Sponsor as appropriate
* Maintain adherence to approved project standards and practices
* Work within existing project governance structures and refine if necessary to assure any changes to scope, schedule, quality or cost are approved, resources are secured, and escalated issues are resolved; and
* Consistently evaluate project management methodologies in collaboration with vendor project managers to identify and implement process improvement.
* Conducting analysis or gathering information with staff.
* Seeking input or direction from the staff or management.
* Development of any criteria for decision making choosing among options.
* Peer review and feedback on work assignments.
* Preparing materials, system demos, or data for presentations.
* Sharing knowledge with the employees, including knowledge transfer to FTE staff and coaching or mentoring business area customers is required on all work completed
* Expert-level project management skills, demonstrated through the submission of proposed Vendor Staff resume that reflects at least five years of project management or project director experience on projects with a budget that exceeds $3,000,000.
* Expert-level MS Project knowledge, demonstrated through the submission of at least two examples of MS Project schedules that the Vendor Staff has personally managed. Schedules must be resource-based and dependency driven.
* Experience leading projects within a political environment, demonstrated through the submission of proposed VendorStaff resume that reflects local, state or federal government project experience or an explanatory statement within the resume of political constraints in a corporate environment.
* Experience writing clear, concise and thorough project plans, demonstrated through the submission of at least two Project Management Plans, or sub-Plans, that the Vendor Staff authored.
* PMP or PRINCE2 certification.
* Education requirements minimum of a bachelor's Degree
* Demonstrated IT Project experience.
* Demonstrated experience leading legacy system conversion to COTS solution.
* Demonstrated experience managing a Level 3 Project, as categorized by the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
* Demonstrated experience navigating Washington State Security Design Review and Secure Access integration.
* Demonstrated experience managing or directing a project with multiple vendors, coordinating activities with several vendor project managers.
* Demonstrated experience coordinating Organizational Change Management activities.
* Demonstrated vendor management experience