Project Manager Opportunity - Sensors and Automation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
CCI Client Company
King Of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROJECT MANAGER OPPORTUNITY - SENSORS AND AUTOMATION
The main objective of this position is to present and promote The Company as a system the Company in the market. The Company's definition of system entails:
+ hardware: whole sensor range, gateways and dedicated servers or IPCs that include The Company's own range as well as additional non-The Company products when necessary.
+ software: whole range of Sensor software, server based and PC based.
+ services: consultancy and implementation as well as installation and wiring when required.
+ integration: coordination of customer projects from initial quotation of system integration to finalization.
This systems approach will ensure The Company is at the forefront of the next phase in manufacturing, Industry 4.0
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the entire life cycle of the Systems project to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery from both a customer and The Company perspective. This includes working closely with the System Sales Engineer and internal or external System Integrator to complete the project on time, within budget, while achieving targeted profit results.
* Develop and implement customer-specific software solutions in industrial applications as well as integrate and commission on-site in the continental US.
* Leads the planning, execution, and completion/hand-off of all projects both internally and between the Company and internal/external customer. Manage customer Systems projects involving internal and external hardware and software development teams or suppliers. Ensure compliance with agreements on costs, quality and deadlines.
* Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables, understanding resource constraints.
* Assembles, encourages, and challenges project team members to stay on track during execution phases.
* Support the branch office by building relationships with market partners and system integrators.
* Lead training sessions on the developed systems solution for market partners, customers, and service/support personnel.
* Create product specifications in close collaboration with The Company's Development Department and the customer.
* Integrate and test software on-site at customers' manufacturing plants.
* Tracks deliverables and serves as communication liaison both internally and externally to customer.
* Provides accurate, unbiased project evaluations and assessments of results
* B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical, Communications or Precision Engineering, Data or Information Technology or related field.
* Project management certification preferred. Must be able to monitor multiple projects and multitask.
* Several years of experience in project management, installation, configuration and commissioning of software in automated production environments.
* Experience working with production processes, industrial automation, and machine control.
* Knowledgeable of at least one of the following programming languages: Java (SDK1.4, J2EE) or C, C++, C#.
* Knowledgeable of RMI, JMX, DCOM, .NET MSQL server solutions
* Proven experience in the integration of these systems in a network environment with the respective softwaresystem integrators.
* Understanding of configuration / version management (CVS).
* Analytical and ability to implement a structured methodical approach.
* Proven Softwareexperience and ability to exhibit sound judgement when analyzing orders related to software projects and implementation.
* Fluency in Windows operating systems (particularly Windows 7, WindowsServer 2008 / 2012) and MS Office software
* Proficient knowledge of Linux based operating systems & PLC systems
* Proficient knowledge of networktechnology, e.g. Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Profibus, etc.
* Knowledge and experience with server virtualization using VMWare
* Strong collaboration and team-building skills as well as the ability to work independently
* High sense of responsibility and accountability. Behavioral competencies include: timely decision making, conflict management, delegation, negotiation, process management, planning, adaptability, and oral/written communications skills