Project Manager - Organizational Change Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
1015 Cubic Corporation
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Lead the delivery of IT project initiatives of moderate complexity that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors. Ensures that a comprehensive project plan is developed and maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget. Utilizes company/industry project management methodologies and tools throughout project lifecycle. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretion and substantial decision-making authority.
* Uses formal project methodology to meet quality, schedule, scope and budget commitments
* Leverages formal change management processes to manage changes to scope, cost, schedule and to ensure
* alignment in expectations.
* Tracks and drives resolution on open questions, issues and risks as well as develop risk mitigation plans.
* Creates detailed project schedules and work plans to ensure all required project deliverables are tracked with
* dependencies and resource assignments clearly identified.
* Tracks progress of deliverables to completion and ensure project resources are managed to task plans.
* Accountable for continuous monitoring of project health and adjusting resource allocations and task plans to
* ensure the success of the project and its team members.
* Resource management of project team including prioritizing tasks and deadlines appropriately
* Builds a positive, collaborative working environment that instills respect, trust, quality and success as its core goals.
* Raises risks and issues to leadership on a timely basis and work with appropriate parties to create mitigation plans.
* Continually assesses project resource requirements and reassigns based on revised project schedules.
* Provides thought leadership to projects and employees.
Other responsibilities may include:
* Lead the change management and training aspects of the ERP Transformation by working closely with the System Implementer.
* Facilitate change and end user adoption of the new system
* Lead enterprise-wide communication of the project and develop training strategies and plans
* Work with the training group to ensure training materials are developed and classes are held on schedule
* Develop metrics for ongoing measurement of user adoption and impact
B.A. in Business Administration, IT or related field plus a minimum of 5 years experience managing IT projects. Minimum of 3 years experience managing large scale ERP implementations, preferably in an SAP environment. Experience managing training and change management activities highly desired. Additional experience preferred with data center consolidation, mergers & acquisitions, and technology refresh. Solid technical understanding of IT infrastructure, hardware, networks, phone systems and security. PMP certification highly desired. Must have advanced understanding and experience using common project management scheduling tools. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to manage multiple projects with proven experience in successfully managing and implementing multiple initiatives on behalf of business partners. Able to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people at all levels across the company as well as external partners. Able to understand and communicate complex technical systems and concepts. Proven effectiveness managing project resources and prioritizing task conflicts. Must have meeting facilitation skills and leadership experience.