Project Manager 9/3/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REPORTS TO: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
LOCATION: OVERLAND PARK, KS
TRAVEL %: 10%
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The Senior Project Manager position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This role manages projects across company's business unites and third parties/vendors. Performs project management duties in all phases of the project life cycle from project planning through execution and evaluation of project outcomes.
The successful candidate will be highly organized and have demonstrated experience in working with all levels of an organization from C-level and senior leadership through colleagues across all business units. This individual will find structure in an environment of continuous demands and shifting priorities. Prior experience developing processes in a start-up environment is desirable.
* Plans projects including the development of structured work plans
* Determines the resources and budget for projects
* Monitors progress along the project life cycle
* Identifies risks and develops mitigation plans
* Manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs
* Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
* Provides ongoing status reports to senior leadership
* Evaluates the project outcomes
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree plus 8 years of relevant experience in project management
* Knowledge/experience in the banking/financial services or telecom industry
* Familiar with standard project management methodologies and practices
* Prior ITSoftware development project management experience or exposure
* Experience working with C-level, SVP, and VP level executives
* Prior experience as a manager or project lead, mentoring and leading team members
* Ability to work cross-functionally among numerous stakeholders
* Proficiency in leading meetings and project timelines
* Excellent time management and communication skills
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
* Experience with project management software
* Project management certification: PMI PMP, Prince 2, etc.
* Solid understanding of software development projects
* Prior consulting experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms close to and overhead of their body. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.