This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
hardison/downey construction, inc. (h/dc), a Kitchell affiliate, started in 1985 as an alternative for clients who need the expertise and financial stability of a large general contractor, but want the personal service and attention of a small one. h/dc proudly celebrated its 30TH BIRTHDAY in 2015!
h/dc is seeking a Project Manager to deliver construction projects from its conception until it functions as it was intended. This position is responsible for assisting in training and developing support staff members accountable to this position. Some areas of responsibility overlap with Project Superintendent responsibilities. Responsible for the proper management and control of the total scope of services as defined in the project contract documents, of one or more projects to meet profit objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and train personnel assigned to project manager.
* Perform performance evaluations for all employees assigned to this position.
* Comply with procedures as outlined in the company construction manual.
* Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, h/dc and other employees.
* Review and monitor all design phase and construction phase documents for conformance with the budget and schedule.
* Provide accurate conceptual budgeting from architectural sketches.
* Participate in interviews with current and potential clients.
* Provide customer service to internal and external clients in a timely manner.
* Act as a marketing representative.
* Build and maintain long-term client relationships.
* Match qualified subcontractors to project types and create bid lists.
* Prepare instructions to subcontractors and coordinate bidding process on assigned projects.
* Evaluate bids from subcontractors and make selection recommendations.
* Assemble, scope and determine low qualified subcontractor bids and make recommendations.
* Responsible for buying out a job through completion to ensure minimal open issues.
* Assemble estimates, GC s and supervision, and prepare final pricing for negotiated and hard bid projects.
* Notify subcontractors of job awards for specific projects. Issue thank you for bidding letters to non-awarded subcontractors.
* Negotiate pricing and contract scope with subcontractors.
* Participate in drafting client contracts.
* Develop and maintain the milestone schedule, detail design phase schedule, preconstruction, long lead and detailed construction phase schedule.
* Review submittals and shop drawings to ensure that they meet criteria or intent.
* Control job cost system, information and design analysis.
* Review the subcontract billing worksheet, pay estimate breakdown and monthly progress payment request and monitor payment receipts and disbursements. Input payments into prolog/timberline.
* Prepare monthly prolog/timberline project forecasts, cost reports and construction billing forecasts.
* Conduct job start-up meeting with h/dc team prior to any work and start job closeout meeting at job completion.
* Manage overall job completion process, including; schedules, scope changes, maintaining budget, change order requests, owner change orders, etc.
* Ensure all project activities are executed after proper planning has been done to prevent problems.
* Establish and maintain strong communications with clients and/or project architects and engineers on all matters relating to the job.
* Manage the day-to-day issues of project superintendents, project engineers and construction administrators.
* Resolve serious superintendent/subcontractor disputes and/or subcontractor performance issues.
* Verify safety compliance when on the jobsite. Coordinate with Superintendent on notices to Subcontractors.
* Coordinate and ensure proper set-up and maintenance of submittals, ASI s, etc. with Superintendent and Project Engineer.
* Communicate job progress, changes and/or updates to h/dc Construction Director.
* Initiate punchlist generation.
* Enforce project closeout efforts.
* Oversee preparation of Closeout Manual and As-Builts.
* Ensure preparation of Monthly Expediting Report.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Assisting living, Market rate apartment and/or Student housing construction experience required. Requires demonstrated leadership abilities and a broad knowledge of construction methods, materials and systems. A construction management degree is desirable. A good understanding of construction methods, building concepts, materials, scheduling, bidding, estimating and blueprint reading is essential. This position requires excellent people skills, as well as good communication skills and a high level of integrity. Excellent computer skills are required. Driving is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
This position requires a 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field. A minimum of 10-years work experience in construction management or related field required.
Field and/or office environment, with routine work site visits requiring personal protective equipment.
Visual and manual dexterity for computer work. Able to work in outdoor elements and jobsite conditions. Occasional climbing, use of ladders and lifts, and walking through work sites during various stages of construction.
PLEASE INCLUDE A PROJECT LIST
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..