Project Manager - Planning and Scheduling 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 90 years, Specialty Granules LLC (SGI) has been a leading producer of semi-ceramic coated, colored mineral granules for the North American residential and commercial roofing industry. Our longevity is a testament to our dependability as a supplier and the durability of our products. We take pride in the long-term relationships we have cultivated with the roofing industry's manufacturers.
A privately held company, we have the ability and resources to provide exceptional customer service through our high standards of product quality, innovation, and responsiveness to the needs of our customers.
In addition to our Headquarters and Technical Center in Hagerstown, MD, we operate 4 manufacturing locations across the US - Blue Ridge Summit, PA (also called Charmian); Annapolis, MO; Pembine, WI (also called Kremlin); and Ione, CA.
In each of the communities in which we are located, SGI has become a premier place to work. Our employees enjoy our strong emphasis on safety, our positive work environment, competitive wages and benefits, and our long term stability.
The Project Manager-Planning & Scheduling develops capital spending requests with full justification. Performs contractor selection through a competitive bid process while evaluating for cost, technical viability and selection based on the maximum value for SGI. Performs supervision of contractors. Creates project documentation and the creation of a permanent record. Plans, schedules and coordinates projects with plant operations before and during construction with a proper handoff of the completed project upon completion. Establishes ongoing system maintenance, monitoring and an audit protocol for completed projects.
The responsibilities for this position include:
* Project Scope development
* Conduct potential problem analysis for projects
* Alternative Analyses and Risk Assessment for AFCE development
* Cost Estimation
* Developing capital spending request with full justification
* Contractor selection, in conjunction with Purchasing, through competitive bid process (evaluate for cost and technical viability, selection process based on maximum SGI value)
* Contractor supervision during design and field work
* Project documentation and creating of permanent record
* Develop project plans, scope of work and cost estimation
* Plan, schedule and coordinate projects with operations before and during construction and handoff upon completion
* Establish ongoing system maintenance, monitoring and audit protocol for new/modified systems
* Train others on the use of MS Project
Specialty Granules LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
A successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
A BS in Construction Management is preferred or other related field with relevant experience.
10 or more years of project management experience with construction planning and scheduling.
A successful candidate should have expertise in demonstrated project management skills, MS suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint), and MS Project in a server based environment. Full knowledge of regulatory requirements (Federal, State, Environmental compliance). Be able to handle managing multiple projects at the same time. Extensive experience in planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and in the process of industrial project management.