Project Manager- R&D
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONOutstanding opportunity to join the R&D Strategy & Portfolio Management team in an expanding, public, pet healthcare company that is well positioned for future growth, with a market cap of $9 to 10 billion and a stock that has outperformed the market by more than 6x in the past 10 years!
Seeking a skilled R&D Project Manager professional with strong business and scientific technical acumen and at least 5 years of relevant experience. Demonstrated ability to lead business-driven R&D projects from planning through implementation is strongly desired.
* In alignment with the business strategy, manage the planning and execution of assigned projects related to new product development (NPD) and R&D portfolio management
* Partner with stakeholders across the company to realize the strategic goals related to our innovation pipeline
* Contribute to the NPD process management and continuous improvement activities
* Lead continuous improvement projects related to R&D portfolio management, analysis and supporting systems
* Keep a pulse on industry trends in technology, industry and portfolio management
* Bachelors degree required, science or engineering field strongly preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of project management experience in life science or related industry
* Strong project/ program management skills and working knowledge of the NPD process
* Ability to lead teams, work with diverse stakeholders and manage change
* Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize data into clear actionable statements
* Process improvement orientation, familiarity with Six Sigma principles preferred
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!