Black Box Network Services - Redwood City, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Purpose of Job (brief summary)
Responsible for developing, planning and managing moderate to complex installation projects for external customers.Such projects may meet one or more of the following criteria:
single technology, small, simple to moderately complex, single phase, multi-phase, significant experience level.
Primary Job Roles/Responsibilities
1. Participates in pre-sale process to determine customer needs, develop operational objectives, preliminary implementation plan, budgets, team member assignments, etc
2. Manages the product/project installation from concept to delivery under established business processes and time frames
3. Ensures budgets, schedules, performance requirements and customer satisfaction goals are met.
4. Prepares and communicates project progress and status reports.
5. Accountable for risk assessment and risk mitigation plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the job (minimum)
- presentation/ communication skills
- Minimal level of negotiation skills to work with others in sensitive solutions
- Multi-tasking and Organization capabilities required
- Basic understanding of traditional and advanced communications technologies, including voice, data and infrastructure
- Fundamental technical understanding\knowledge of VoIP and Unified Communications
- Understanding of the planning, design, installation, and configuration steps of LAN/WAN networking, small to large-scale PBX, and Contact Center installations is required
Education /Experience Requirements
* Or equivalent work experience
Educational Focus (Field of Study):
Relevant Work Experience (quantity):
Experience Specifics (if applicable):
Typically requires 5-7 years of telecommunications/data experience (2-3 years supervisory or team lead preferred), 1-2 years managing complex projects