Project Manager (Residential Construction) 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Residential home builder with an established reputation for integrity seeks to hire an experienced Project Manager. Company is based in Alpharetta and their neighborhoods are scattered across the metro Atlanta area selling in the $200,000 - $600,000+ range.
Overall Neighborhood Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all aspects of construction within the community.
* Motivation. Maintains the general welfare and morale of all subcontractors, suppliers, and staff by his/her own demeanor and direction. Remains keenly aware of the general pulse of the entire construction operation and constantly works at providing the atmosphere necessary to accomplish the objectives, especially during times of adverse conditions such as weather and heavy work loads. Being aware of his/her carriage and demeanor is reflected by the reaction of his/her subcontractors and subordinates and consistently supports a team effort.
* Reports directly to the Production Area Manager - be prepared to update Production/Area Manager with accurate information upon request.
* Manage Builders and Finish Managers, assist in training of new Finish Managers.
* Responsible for overall community appearance.
* Review each new start for consistency with Start Memo, Site Plan and house plans.
* Ensure that each home is built per plan and community specifications.
* Ensure all homes are built in proper sequence, responsible for meeting Construction Goal dates, responsible for ensuring Finish Managers meet their CO Goal dates.
* Ensure that all closings are on time as scheduled, completes Notice to Set Closing forms per Company's schedule.
* Ensure homes are ready for Quality Control Inspection and close with no open items of concern.
* Follow and enforce all Company policies and procedures.
* Attend scheduled Project Manager meetings.
* Attend weekly sales/construction meetings.
* Conduct weekly subdivision staff meetings.
* Maintain construction trailer/office in a neat and orderly fashion. Copies of all paperwork should be in house files.
* Maintain all erosion control measures. Conduct inspections and monitor rainfall in order to comply with the NPDES process.
* Act as a liaison with all City, County and State inspections.
* Administrative duties include payroll, material invoice approval, weekly concrete logs, scheduling and maintaining house files. Do not approve payment of invoices if the work is not 100% complete.
* Treat Market Homes as sold homes.
* Responsible for Subcontractor acquisition when needed.
* Report plan errors, design problems and purchase order discrepancies to appropriate departments.
* Responsible for weekly communication with purchasers during construction process.
* Conduct Pre-Construction Conferences with purchasers.
* Conduct Pre-Sheetrock Conferences with purchasers.
* Conducts handoff meeting with Finish Manager and provide transitional schedule.
* Track 60-Day lists to ensure Finish Managers are complying with required time frames.
* Track all Post-Closing Customer Concerns through to completion.
* Track One-Year Warranty lists through to completion.
* Assist Customer Service Department when called upon.
Company offers a salary in the high $60's - 70,000 range with bonus potential in the $18 - 20,000 range and an auto allowance of $350 monthly. Benefits include health/dental/vision plan, vacations, holidays, and a profit sharing plan.
THIS IS A PERMANENT / DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY.
Keywords: construction, residential, homebuilder, home builder, project manager, project management