Project Manager 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Manager will be in charge of specific engineering projects within the company. Their job will be to plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of the project. They will assemble the appropriate team to complete the project and will work closely with upper management to endure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule along with other departments for support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders.
* Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project, including critical path and project milestones.
* Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
* Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
* Review the project schedule with senior management and stakeholders; revise the schedule as required.
* Determine the objectives, measures, and metrics upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
* In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for the project activities.
* Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
* Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate.
* Execute the project according to the project plan.
* Develop forms and records to document project activities.
* Create files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented, organized, and secured.
* Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project, including adjusting timeframes and resources.
* Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
* Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
* Write reports on the project for management and for funders.
* Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
* Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures.
* Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
* Create regular project update dashboards / status reports.
* Hold regular meetings to review the status of the projects.
* Establish risk mitigation strategies.
* Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
* Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date.
* Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements.
* Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
* Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 5-7years of project management experience in a Manufacturing environment.
* PMP Certification preferred.
* Experience with design and development for consumer products preferred.