This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Project Manager/Roofing
Tecta America Corp. is the nation's leading commercial roofing contractor. With over 50 locations and over 2,500 qualified roofing professionals nationwide, Tecta America has harnessed the strengths and resources of the nation's strongest roofing contractors into one company with one goal: to provide the most comprehensive roofing program in the country to meet and exceed our customers' needs. As the industry leader, Tecta America has earned its reputation for excellence. No other roofing contractor can match Tecta America for resources, expertise, financial strength, or stability as we house the best names in the business, all under one roof.
The basic function of the Project Manager is to effectively coordinate administrative efforts with the field production efforts. The General Superintendent and Project Manager will work together closely to effectively and efficiently schedule labor efforts and material procurement. This position will report directly to the Commercial Department Manager.
Operationally, the commercial roofing project manager will be responsible for strategic planning and reviewing each project daily as well as implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Specific to managing projects, the PM will be responsible for preparing production needs, by verifying estimates, reviewing project drawings, and specifications; create and disseminate schedules; specifies materials and supplies. Identifies process improvements and resolves problems on each project as they arise. Financial responsibilities include providing/reviewing budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances between estimated budget and revenue, and implementing corrective actions.
Coordinates with general contractors, vendors, suppliers, and customers to ensure the projects are completed from start to finish in a timely and efficient manner. Collects, analyzes, and summarizes construction/budget data and trends to produce construction progress reports. Understands commercial roofing practices, codes and regulations to avoid legal challenges; enforces regulations and recommends new procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Minimum three (3) years of construction industry experience in management is a must with emphasis on all facets of business including but not limited to customer relations, extensive knowledge of roofing materials, techniques and requirements
* Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
* Strong attention to detail
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Able to lift up to 80 pounds and comfortable visiting actual job sites about 50% of the time (without fear of heights)
* Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with associates
Starting pay is commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications. Tecta offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Tecta America reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business. Tecta America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.